Ultimate advantage slide out trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nate mcnett

Hello! I have recently fallen upon tough times with my 01 ultimate advantage 36c slide outs.
We went to the races and when we pulled in, the slide outs would not work. Didn't try, no noises, just push the buttons and nothing.
We moved wires around underneath the coach where they make contact with the solenoids and then they worked.
When I got home I had a friend replace the solenoids and now we came across more corrosion and trouble. Can anyone help with identifying the parts as the decal on the pump has faded away.
Looking for any help I can get, thanks for your time.

If things worked after you moved a few wires around, I don’t think you need any parts. You need to check and clean all the electrical connections associated with the slides.

The amount of corrosion necessitated the new solenoids. It was bad enough that we felt that if we tried to remove the fasteners and clean them, they would snap off while trying to remove them. Then they kept going and had corrosion on the slide out motor connections. Their are cylindrical components that sit horizontally above the motor and hydraulic reservoir that have the green corrosion coming out of it as well.

You should have the same HWH leveling as mine. HWH 610 central-ground leveling system repair manual
Winnebago-specific slide room extension service manual
My slide room extend solenoid stuck and the motor just spun without pumping.
I got the solenoid to move by tapping it with a big brass drift punch. While the slide was extended so I could access the motor/pump/ reservoir assy. I cleaned and tightened the ground wires (inboard of motor), then liberally sprayed the solenoid with 707 penetrant/lubricant/ electrical cleaner, None of the 6 solenoids are waterproof, just water-resistant.
The solenoid worked every time that day, but the next day it was stuck again. More 707 spray on the ground wires connection and the solenoid appears to have helped. I'll try it again tomorrow, if it's stuck again I'll pull the solenoid off and take it apart to clean the insides.
There are 2 places to buy replacement parts, the HWH factory and Stewarts Services in Elkhart IN.

P.S. This will help accurately ID your leveling system.
PPS, Each component will have a HWH sticker on it with a number beginning with AP xxxxx that is the assy #.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom