Using a crockpot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But you don't need all that stuff. Before we added solar we used a small inverter and it was plenty to power the CrockPot.

A while back when DW was fixing something in our crock pot brand crock pot I put a Kill A Watt meter on it and measured the draw:

High - 230W, never changed or cycled.
Low - 186W, never changed or cycled.

Just offering what kind of power might be expected to be supplied by an inverter or generator.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

With most crockpots, I've noted a good bit of heat migrating into the surface it is sitting on. I ALWAYS suggest using a hot pad or trivet between the crockpot and the surface underneath. {I sold countertops for several years and had several customers who damaged their countertops with a crockpot or other cooking type device.}

As to crockpot power requirements, check the label {usually on the side or bottom} for the power consumption. Our larger one shows 375 watts. That's a maximum value.

Last edited:
I have two of the Crock Pot brand with the latching lid. Problem is they are 6 or 7 quart which is way large for a couple of people. Its a shame they don't make a small one, 3 to 4 quart with a locking lid.

I very much like the idea of the silicone grill mat, cushion, insulation, and it plugs the drain so food doesn't clog it.

This should be in "Home Making on the Road"

Charles

Back
Top Bottom