WASHINGTON DC Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seanski

Hi all, will be in DC around the 10th of April on the way back to the NE and Nova Scotia. Hoping to stop near DC and Uber or train in to DC’s sights, museums and monuments. Would like to stay in a good RV park or even hotels if that is best. Any ideas or recommendations on how best to see DC appreciated, likely for 2-3 days this time through, thanks, Sean

X2 on Cherry Hill. Easy to get to the Metro. I don’t think you can get closer to DC.
If 2-3 days is your max, I suggest you stick to the monuments. You can’t do The Smithsonian justice unless you spent your whole time there. (Maybe pick one.)
If mobility is an issue, you can rent scooters, Segways to get around. The good news is you can see all the outdoors stuff in that amount of time. (In addition to the monuments, don’t miss Arlington Cemetery and Tomb of the Unknowns.)
Suggest you take a hop on/hop off bus tour at night. The monuments are very worth seeing at night as well as in daylight.
If you have flexibility, time your visit for cherry blossom time. It varies on time a bit. These were taken 6 April 2019, so you may miss the peak by the 10th. I’ve heard they’re expecting an early blossom season.
IMG_4836.jpegIMG_4844.jpeg

Last edited:
If you have flexibility, time your visit for cherry blossom time. It varies on time a bit. These were taken 6 April 2019, so you may miss the peak by the 10th. I’ve heard they’re expecting an early blossom season.
The peak did hit early this year, yesterday 17 March. We are driving over Wednesday. Hopefully the blossoms will still be in full bloom. Parking is a bit of a hassle. We reserved parking online with Spot Hero. $22 in after 8am, out before 10pm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom