We were lucky tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is related to that extreme solar activity (geomagnetic solar storm) that was said would reach the earth today or tonight. There was one about a week ago also. I'll bet the folks in the far north of Norway had a good show. You are lucky, I am way too far south to see any of that. If its so strong that I DO see the northern lights, the power grid and the internet will have failed.

Charles

Great picture for a phone. We were in awe of the Norther Lights when we lived in Alaska many years ago (courtesy of the U.S. Air Force). One could go blind (or freeze to death) staring at them. So awesome.

Scotland is further north than you realize, being in the high 50's, some 700 miles from the Arctic Circle. The southern most point of the Scottish/English border is 54.98°N on Google maps, The northern tip of the mainland is 58.65°N. Juneau Alaska for comparison is 58.30°N.

I was looking last night at this, thinking, holy cr@p, she is way up there, no wonder they prefer to come to the southwestern US.

Charles

Scotland is further north than you realize, being in the high 50's, some 700 miles from the Arctic Circle. The southern most point of the Scottish/English border is 54.98°N on Google maps, The northern tip of the mainland is 58.65°N. Juneau Alaska for comparison is 58.30°N.

I was looking last night at this, thinking, holy cr@p, she is way up there, no wonder they prefer to come to the southwestern US.

Charles
56.1148° N, 3.5694° W

It's our favourite question to ask- which US city is closest in latitude to Scotland.

The good old Gulf Stream protects us from the colder weather. We hardly ever get below 14F and even that's unusual. Snow would be heavy if it reached 6-12 inches but its usually only around 2.

We spend summers in the US cause it's warm, we can go north and the days are long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom