Wonderful tires!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martian

2020 trailer that came with typical bombs for tires. 3,000 miles in the first year and I decided to stop pushing my luck and get some real tires. Five Goodyear Endurance tires went on and per my TPMS after three years they are all still at the exact same pressure as each other although temps change the pressure. What a comforting feeling. Ten k miles now and no odd wear and no issues. Always nice to put those nagging thoughts of tire woes out of mind. I must say that this has been the most trouble free trailer I have ever seen. Sometimes they get it right!
Note: I have no financial interest in Goodyear other than buying their products.

I put the Goodyears on mine after the first trip. Amazing how much better the trailer rode. The GY's have a stiffer sidewall. Same rating on both brands.

For my size, ST225/75 R15 load range E the GY's are rated about 200 pounds less than the bombs but with almost 10k of tire capacity and a 6600 to 7000 pound running weight there is a little bit of a cushion. It also allows me to air down a little for a softer ride and still be well within load capacity. Helps keep everything where it was put.

Replaced my bombs 2 years ago and my GY endurance tires are holding up great. They also have a much greater load capacity than the original bombs.

Safe travels and all the best.

Pretty much anything that is put on most trailers. A few now offer better brands but it used to be that everything came with china bombs. Figure it is a bomb if it requires max sidewall pressure no matter what the load. The sidewalls are very thin and that is the only way they can stay stiff enough to do their job.

Pretty much anything that is put on most trailers. A few now offer better brands but it used to be that everything came with china bombs. Figure it is a bomb if it requires max sidewall pressure no matter what the load. The sidewalls are very thin and that is the only way they can stay stiff enough to do their job.
I disagree. ST tires are made with thicker/heavier sidewalls to withstand the extreme stress's of being dragged sideways around a sharp turn.
Nearly all trailer tires require the sidewall maximum to prevent sidewall damage during a sharp or spot turn.
Speaking of a spot-turn, I once watched a guy make a spot-turn on a wide street in Van, TX. It was a hot summer day and the blacktop was sticky to even walk on. Just about the time the trailer was in the middle of the turn one tire lost the bead seal; tire went flat immediately.
Reference: ST vs LT Tires: What’s the Difference? - Treadworld

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom