Zion Healthshare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the Sanchez case, they did everything people tell fulltimers to do (get an address in the new state, register to vote, register your vehicles, open a bank account, change your insurance, sell your house in the state you no longer want to be domiciled in). However, the Court said, "There is no evidence that their visits to South Dakota during 2004 were anything more than brief, temporary stays for the purpose of establishing a mailing address."
That's an interesting interpretation or position by Mn.

Generally there are two tests - Bona Fide Residence. This is all the peperwork stuff illuded to in your post. It indicates I have transferred all my "legal" stuff to my new residence.

The second test is physical presence test. A number of days in a given calendar residing in a particular location.

I cam to FL at the end of 2020 and before the end of the year I had licensed, registered to vote and changed all my insurance and ID. Significantly my work updated my address to FL and stopped taking Ohio withholding.

I worked from home from the last quarter of 2020 through retirement at the end of May. By the time I retired I had exceeded the 180 days or so Physical Presence Test.

It's a good idea to fulfill both tests to avoid doubt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom