Zoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

positivewom

Hello everyone... My name is Nancy. I have been blessed to be camping most of my life in the state of Maine. However, I have been in the southern states now for the past couple of decades. I am getting back to my roots by taking steps of now getting a small RV - no more than 30ft. I am not big on social media but I do know we can learn lots from each other thanks to social media. Soooooo, my question.... Are there any LIVE zoom chat that y'all (yes that is as southern as my voice gets all these years later) go on a daily? I appreciate any feedback and hope to maybe see some of you soon. Thanks!!

Hello everyone... My name is Nancy. I have been blessed to be camping most of my life in the state of Maine. However, I have been in the southern states now for the past couple of decades. I am getting back to my roots by taking steps of now getting a small RV - no more than 30ft. I am not big on social media but I do know we can learn lots from each other thanks to social media. Soooooo, my question.... Are there any LIVE zoom chat that y'all (yes that is as southern as my voice gets all these years later) go on a daily? I appreciate any feedback and hope to maybe see some of you soon. Thanks!!
Does not have to be zoom.. just a place where we can actually talk to each other and hear our voices.. Anyone can send me a message in regards to this post as well. Thanks!!

There is a weekly online chat that occurs on this site every Wednesday evening, otherwise I don't know of any real time live regular meetings.

Welcome to the forum. Just say hi to other campers, most are friendly and helpful and few you might wish you had a mute button :cool:

I am retired, twice. As I am typing now I am in bed having coffee and traveling around the internet seeing what’s what. Other than doctors appointments, physical therapy and other medical stuff plus the occasional invite to friends abodes, we don’t participate in anything that requires us to be at a particular place at a particular time. So a Zoom meeting or gathering to speak with folks we don’t know and in all likelihood will never see is not something we would be interested in.
Oh wait! You asked if we knew about any live chats like Zoom and I gave you a “Get off my lawn!” rant. Sorry. No, don’t know of any live chats. But welcome to the forum where we are known to discuss extremely important things such as do you wad or fold your toilet paper; crunchy or smooth peanut butter (not related to the toilet paper at all); how to have sex in your RV without the rest of the RV park knowing; and someone occasionally throws in a tech question about something RV related. Welcome to the forum. It is now 0907 and my wife has PT at 1300 so I have to get ready for that.😎

I like the folks around here too much to ever want to speak to them live - I may hate everyone - LOL...

Welcome aboard Ms. Nancy!

Our family has been doing Zoom calls since the beginning of covid and we have a pretty large family - Like 12+ on at a time. It gets hard for some folks to get a word in, especially with me and some of my sibs being mic hogs.

I tried to do some sort of "moderating" where everyone gets to start with a 5 minute update of their stuff but everyone hated me for that for being too controlling - LOL...

I think it would be an interesting thing to try on a forum board. Although for me, I haven't even joined the chat around here - I'm lazy...

I tried to do some sort of "moderating" where everyone gets to start with a 5 minute update of their stuff but everyone hated me for that for being too controlling - LOL..
To be fair if everyone got 5 minutes right off the bat with 12+ folks you’re looking at an hour right there. Ten minutes on the phone is a bit much for me. 😎

To be fair if everyone got 5 minutes right off the bat with 12+ folks you’re looking at an hour right there. Ten minutes on the phone is a bit much for me. 😎
Yeah for sure - Some of our zoom calls went 5 hours! And at that some people didn't even get a say - especially nephews and nieces who basically stopped joining in...

That actually was my proposal for everyone to get 5 minutes in the first hour, then we could devolve into 4- hours of nonsense - LOL...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom