new C-class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZoSo

Hi Everyone
not my first RV but first time to the forum
just picked up a 99 Coachman Catalina 220RK ...24' feet in total length
Ford V10 cab
needs work to the generator and a couple cosmetic features
but seems to runs great
I'll load some pics soon

Welcome to the RV Forum ZoSo

And congrats on the new toy..Looking forward to the pics.

Welcome to the forum. Having a 24 foot rig should allow you to find decent parking in a lot more places that one of the large rigs. The V10 is a powerful and reliable motor. Enjoy.

IBTripping said:
Welcome to the forum. Having a 24 foot rig should allow you to find decent parking in a lot more places that one of the large rigs. The V10 is a powerful and reliable motor. Enjoy.

Wild ... I have a 2004 Durango with the 4.7 also

ZoSo said:
Wild ... I have a 2004 Durango with the 4.7 also

COOL!!! I love my Durango. And, I also have a 24 foot Coachmen Catalina, but it doesn't have an engine. LOL

FYI - You'll probably want to update the converter/charger in your RV. It is a single stage charger that will definitely shorten coach battery life. If the converter doesn't have an inverter, an updated converter/charger is not expensive. It's an easy install; about 2 hours. Unless I'm doing it then it's a 4 hour job.  ;)

IBTripping said:
COOL!!! I love my Durango. And, I also have a 24 foot Coachmen Catalina, but it doesn't have an engine. LOL

FYI - You'll probably want to update the converter/charger in your RV. It is a single stage charger that will definitely shorten coach battery life. If the converter doesn't have an inverter, an updated converter/charger is not expensive. It's an easy install; about 2 hours. Unless I'm doing it then it's a 4 hour job.  ;)

I guess I haven't achieved PM status
I'll ask a few questions when I'm ready to work on each project

IBTripping said:

do you have a link to what type of converter/charger I should get?
I am also going to get a new battery.

IBTripping said:
X2 - That's were I purchased my converter based on their suggestions.

I see what you mean, comparing a single stage charger to a 4 stage charger
Do the Coachmen come with an inverter?
or do you have to run the generator to get 120-volt AC?
I just acquired a 1500w inverter from a friend along with a ton of kitchen goodies and safety equipment.

Good luck getting the inverter and other RV goodies. I doubt your MH came with an inverter. Here's a good article by member, Gary Brinck, on how to install an inverter: http://www.doityourselfrv.com/rv-inverter-install-diy/

Look up the model number to see if your inverter includes a transfer switch. If not, you'll need to purchase an external transfer switch which shuts off power from the inverter when you are plugged into a shore line.

I'm installing a 1200 watt inverter with an internal transfer switch to power a residential refrigerator and maybe a television.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom