The ideal BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Over the years, I've read that the Weber Q-series BBQs are the best for RVers. I'm a big fan of Weber, for home, RV and boat.

We've carried/used a Weber Go anywhere grill on coaches and boats for a number of years. Our lot in WY came with a 'Char broil" that was in need of replacement. After a lot of research, I ended up buying a Weber Q2200 gas grill, but there are some caveats not mentioned in the various accolades:

When I picked the Q2200 up at our park office, I was convinced I'd drop it before reaching the car (it's heavy!). The grill comes set up to use 1lb gas canisters. It took some research to figure out that I can use a simple hose with 1lb adapter on one end and 20lb adapter on the other, without the need for a separate regulator. I bought the hose.

We plan to leave the Q2200 here in WY, and leave a Go Anywhere grill in the coach.

BTW we gave the Char Broil away to some very grateful folks.

Attachments

• Old BBQ for sales.jpg
    Old BBQ for sales.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200722_182708_resized-2.jpg
    20200722_182708_resized-2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 48
Many of us have that "Simple hose" and even a "T" fitting (Extend-a-Flow on a trailer or extend-a-Stay on a motor home) with a 10 foot extension hose or two to hook it to the RV's tanks.

Oh gosh John, I bought an Extend-a-Stay 'tree' 30 years ago. I don't even know where it is nowadays, or if we still have it.

The issue I was having with the hose was conflicting info on whether a 20lb tank needed a regulator, given that the Q2200 has its own regulator. Looking around online, a number of folks were selling the hose with a regulator, and relatively few without it. I think I finally found a Weber ad showing the hose without a second regulator.

I use a Charbroil Grill-to-Go (aka X200 model) with an hose-adapter for the large tanks instead of the 1 lb size. As long as you don't use a regulator on the tank, there is no difference between the little bottles and the bigger tanks. The built-in regulator in the grill does the job.  I use a 10# tank instead of the bigger 20# size - easier for this old guy to handle when needed.

I bought the Charbroil X200 instead of the Weber Q2200 because I really like the Infrared heat/grill system (I previously owned a larger Infrared model).  The side tables on the Q2200 were attractive to me, but the Infrared feature won out.  Other than that, the two are similar in size and quality.

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/char-broil-grill2go-x200-portable-gas-grill-68330.html

As long as you don't use a regulator on the tank, there is no difference between the little bottles and the bigger tanks. The built-in regulator in the grill does the job.

That's what I eventually figured out after a lot of shopping/research. I also checked the pressure on in both sizes of tank, and it became obvious.

Since we'll leave the Q2200 here on our lot in WY (actually in the storage shed), we don't need the hookup to the coach via the Extend-a-Stay that John mentioned.

Meanwhile, Chris is very happy with the various cooking modes of her Ninja Foodi, so we don't need any more cooking appliances.

Chris decided to clean out her cabinets (in the coach) and found her old George Foreman grill that hasn't seen service in some years.

Back
Top Bottom