Owens River camping & fishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We're currently at Brown's Owens River RV Park in the eastern Sierras. The location is approx 3 miles south of the town of Mammoth Lakes and 7 miles east of CA hwy 395. They have very large sites, but no hookups. Generators are allowed 3 hours/day between 8.00am and 10.00pm.

We're camped on the banks of the Upper Owens River, a prime trout stream that flows into Lake Crowley, and are looking at the Sierra Nevada mountains that still have some snow on them. We're currently one of only 3 rigs in this huge campground. The section of river immediately in front of us doesn't open for trout fishing until April May 23, but there are miles of open river within an easy walk or drive of the campground.

Finding this place could be tough if you don't know were it is (we've been here several times, although this is the first time we've camped here). Coming south on Hwy 395, after you pass the Mammoth Lakes exit and the small Mammoth airport, turn left (east) at the green church (it's been green for many years)  onto unmarked Benton Crossing road. The campground is on the right, approx 7 miles from the highway, and shortly after you cross the bridge over the Owens River.

The fishing is great, but I'll start a separate topic in the Fishing area. Here's the fishing report.

Robert,

I don't know which month it is. That should have been May 23.

This morning I was talking with a guy on the water and he asked "is this Thursday?" I replied "I'm retired and have no idea which day it is".

It sure is Wendy; It's like a large meadow. We checked out a few other local campgrounds this afternoon and decided we were in the best one by far.

BTW it's extremely satellite friendly.

Back
Top Bottom