SuperSteer Motion Control valves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry B

Moderator's note:  I pruned the SuperSteer MC valves posts away from Rex's (LK23) thread about tires in the Winnie board, so if there isn't good continuity in this thread, that's the reason.

John .... If you want to just about eliminate the leaning problem, install the Supersteer MC valves. It is the best change I have made to the coach.

Since making that change, I have to watch for cornering to fast and send things flying inside the coach, it is that stable now.

The only changes I would like to make yet are the tires as Rex has done and put Koni FSD shocks on the front if they ever become available for the IFS suspension. The intend here is to get a more compliant ride over rough surfaces (expansion joints, etc.)

Harry - hey now - I think I'm on to something thanks to you!!  Body lean (or I suppose what's happening is the air bags are keeping the coach level in a turn) has been a bugaboo for me since about 40,000 miles ago  :eek: I have noticed on some curves, I can't comfortably make the recommended truck speed - I'll drop down five mph to get in a comfort zone.  Bill Rowell, owner of rvupgrades.com, installed something similar (or maybe the same product) on his '06 (or whatever) Vectra and he reported good results.  So does your air take a lot longer to dump now with Supersteer installed?

Rex - sorry about being on a bit of a tangent here  :-\

So does your air take a lot longer to dump now with Supersteer installed?

John .... It takes maybe 30 seconds longer to dump the airbags. The fact that I don't exactly know indicates that I have hardly notice the difference. The cornering however is greatly improved. The theory behind the valves is that it slows the air transfer from one side to the other.  I can easily take all the turns at the posted by yellow recommended speed limit signs. Prior to the MC valve installation I had to stay at least 5mph below those yellow recommended speed limit signs. It's an easy install. It took me about an hour to do all four airbags. Sorry to get off subject.

Harry B said:
John .... If you want to just about eliminate the leaning problem, install the Supersteer MC valves. It is the best change I have made to the coach.

Since making that change, I have to watch for cornering to fast and send things flying inside the coach, it is that stable now.

The only changes I would like to make yet are the tires as Rex has done and put Koni FSD shocks on the front if they ever become available for the IFS suspension. The intend here is to get a more compliant ride over rough surfaces (expansion joints, etc.)
sorry to get off subject, but where, and what are they called? I did a search of supersteer and didn't find anything?

Kevin, see here for the Henderson's Lineup Motion Control Units.  We had them put on our Endeavor last July and they made a world of difference in the ride.  Much less bouncing around now.

Harry B said:
Kevin ....

I bought them HERE but they are made by Henderson's Lineup in Oregon.
just found them, thanks for the info looks and sounds like a life saver, gonna try them, looks like 1/2 on front, 1/4 on back so not gonna be cheap but hey if it works ;)

John .... Kevin has it correct.  The front is a 1/2" line and the rear lines are 1/4".  A PVC pipe cutter available from Lowes or Home Depot make nice straight line cuts

If you do install them watch your turns in the future.

I have to make a U turn on a 2 lane separated Hwy to head east out of town. That was a slow cumbersome turn for me before the installation. I did not realize how much faster I was making that U turn until as I said things went flying in the back. Prior to installing the valves that never was an issue. I have since tied my chairs down.

Harry B said:
John .... Kevin has it correct.  The front is a 1/2" line and the rear lines are 1/4".  A PVC pipe cutter available from Lowes or Home Depot make nice straight line cuts

If you do install them watch your turns in the future.

I have to make a U turn on a 2 lane separated Hwy to head east out of town. That was a slow cumbersome turn for me before the installation. I did not realize how much faster I was making that U turn until as I said things went flying in the back. Prior to installing the valves that never was an issue. I have since tied my chairs down.
Just wondering, do you think it will shorten the life of the bags restricting the air flow out of them? or even maybe causing them to blow out? I gotta say either way, I'm gonna find some money and buy them anyway, If they can help with just alittle of the fatque that I feel after a 7hr trip, then it's worth it.

Kevin - I can't imagine the air bag mean time between failure would be impacted with the valves, but that's just a guess.  Air bags do for a fact fail though without the valves.  I think I'm going to stimulate the economy and but a set  ;D

here is the thought on shorting the life of a air bag. in normal operation mode the air is pushed out at a fast rate from one side to the other while cornering, or drive way sway. with the super steer installed it slows that rate down, which would leave more air in the bag that is trying to compress, which inturn should put more pressure in that bag. That higher pressure, even at limited times seems to me would shorten the lifespan of a air bag.

I could use the same scenario to argue there is LESS flexing of the bag and therefore less wear and tear.  No real way to prove either case except to run a fleet of coaches for 10 years, half with the motion control and half without, and see which ones have more bag failures.   With so many variables involved, statistical analysis is the only way to gain some insight.    Even then, I doubt if the variation would be significant. Bags seem to last 10-15 years or more, so it's not something to lose sleep over in any case. Just my opinion and not worth any more than what you paid for it.  :p

ordered mine today, will try and have them on before next weekend(leaving for florida). I wound up becoming a dealer for them. So if you guy's need something let me know, not sure if I can get you better price's or not ;)

Back
Top Bottom