On the road again, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary,

The caravan is breaking up while we're at TGO. One leaves tomorrow, another heads home on Monday and the other one is going elsewhere Monday or Tuesday. We currently have reservations at TGO for a week with an option to cancel the last few days. We planned on calling you to see if it's OK to drop by sometime after TGO, but we're still vacillating over our head-west date. We have some family coming into Orlando on Feb 16 that we'd like to spend time with, but can't decide if we want to hang around waiting. The outcome of that would determine when we'd be in Ocala.

I've been somewhat tardy in posting photos from our trip recently. Here are a few photos from the Monaco rally. Apologies for the quality of our photos; As Jim Johnson said, we take photos but we're not photographers.

• Relaxing, from left to right: Chris, Doc, Dave, Lisa, Vera and Pisces (rear view).
  • Dinner group: Lisa, Doc, Vera (hidden), Sarah, Ken, a nice couple we met, yours truly.
  • Dave & Lisa's Monaco Signature (foreground), our Monaco Camelot next to them.

Attachments

• Rally_relaxing.jpg
    Rally_relaxing.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Rally_dinner_group.jpg
    Rally_dinner_group.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 32
  • Rally_coaches.jpg
    Rally_coaches.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 33
While at TGO, forum staffer Jim Dick explained the T.P. test to Dave, so Dave had to test a couple of brands.

For details of the T.P. test and the results of a forum-wide test, check out this file in our forum library.

Attachments

• Dave_TP.jpg
    Dave_TP.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Dave_TP_test.jpg
    Dave_TP_test.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 57
Yesterday afternoon Jim & Pat Dick led us through Peacock Park, a local wildlife refuge.

• One of the friendly (?) alligators we saw from the trail.
  • An Anhinga (aka water turkey) dries its wings while perched on a bush.
  • A bald eagle in the grass.

The eagle was a long way away and I was using the 12X optical zoom, but didn't have my camera well supported. Jim got out his camera and huge lens and used his truck as a tripod.

Attachments

• alligator.jpg
    alligator.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Annhinga.jpg
    Annhinga.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Bald_eagle.jpg
    Bald_eagle.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Jim_eagle_shot.jpg
    Jim_eagle_shot.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 48
A quick group photo taken on the way back from Peacock Park. Left to right: Jim Dick, Steve Pally, Pat Dick, Chris, Ginette Pally.

How come I'm not in the photo?

Attachments

• Nature_group.jpg
    Nature_group.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 47
Last evening six of us were graciously hosted by Bill and Marlys Johnson at their TGO home. Unfortunately, the camera person wasn't paying attention and the shots didn't come out too good.

Tom,

Those are some great shots except of the photographer. ;D I've attached mine of the eagle but I expect yours is just as good. The file is only 100K since it's cropped from a larger file.

Attachments

• CRW_5774_RJ.1.jpg
    CRW_5774_RJ.1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 57
Very good eagle shot. Don't know how one does better than that!  ;D

Yes, nice looking truck, too. How about a shot or two of the whole thing?  ;D

Ray D

Jim,

You got a great shot! Thanks for sharing. Now we can clearly see the difference between a point-and-shooter like me and a photographer.

Terry,

It really wasn't secretive. ;D Just didn't think to put any pictures up on the forum. Here are a couple more. I have added a tonneau cover since these photos were taken.

Attachments

• IMG_5520 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5520 (Medium).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5521 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5521 (Medium).JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5522 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5522 (Medium).JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 38
Hi Ray,

Thanks, one does get lucky occasionally. The quality isn't the best since this is cropped from a larger file but looks OK at 4X6. I attached some photos of the truck in my response to Terry.

Tom,

As you know that eagle was way too far for your camera. You did well to get what you did and you didn't use a "tripod". :) That shot of the Anhinga is great. Sorry but I realized I gave you the wrong spelliing for Anhinga.

Jim

good looking truck....I had seen  you mention in previous posts that you got rid of your GV but never a mention to what you bought.

Terry,

Sorry, wasn't trying to keep it a secret. ;D I needed a way to carry my new toy. Attached is what the next toy will look like if all works out. :)

Attachments

• CRW_5736.1 (Medium).jpg
    CRW_5736.1 (Medium).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 40
Today Wayne and Judy Malone drove in to TGO from their home in West Melbourne and Gary and Nancy Brinck drove in from their home near Ocala. We chatted quite a bit and had lunch at one of Jim's favorite local eateries. A wonderful day with new and old friends. Hopefully Jim will post the group photo he took.

Back
Top Bottom