2005 Southeast Fall Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
The Fall 2005 edition of the RV Forum & Roaming Friends Rally will be at Amy's RV Park in Tifton, GA.  The dates are 11/1- 11/6, 2005 but you are invited to come early and stay late - many folks do.  Tifton is  right on I-75 about 60 miles north of the Florida border and Amy's is 1.1 miles west from Exit 60.  I have reserved the Rec Hall for our group meals (and in case of inclement weather), plus we will have adequate room to gather on one of the sites for socializing.

Please call the park direct for reservations. I encourage you to do so as early as you can because November is the start of the snowbird season and sometimes sites fill up.  When reserving, please mention the RV Forum Roaming Friends so they can site you with the rest of the group.

Amy's RV Park
4632 Union Road
Tifton, GA  31794

Information:  229-386-8441
Reservations Only: 800-813-3274
Fax:    229-386-9063
www.amysrvpark.com

Amy's offers CoachConnect wi-fi service in the park (for fees, see www.coachconnect.net) and also has modem access. Special rates for the rally are $18/night for full hook-up, including all taxes [no other discounts apply to that rate].  There is also a weekly rate of $120 that works out to be slightly less than the special club rate.  There are 55 sites, of which 15 are 50A. Amy's also has a pool and a fishing pond - see the park web site for more info on park facilities.

Tifton is located within easy driving distance of a number of Georgia attractions, e..g the Agrirama in Tifton, and there are plenty of restaurants and stores in the area for a bit of diversion. And of course the Framily always makes plenty of its own entertainment whenever we meet.

The Brincks will be located on site #56 near the Rec Hall.

Here is a map showing the layout of Amy's Campground and a copy of the park rules.  Nancy & I will be on site #56, circled on the map.

Attachments

• Amy Campground map.jpg
    Amy Campground map.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Amy-rules.jpg
    Amy-rules.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 22
What is the weather like in that part of the country in early November??  We will leave our snow shoes at home but should we bring sandles and shorts? 

What is the weather like in that part of the country in early November??  We will leave our snow shoes at home but should we bring sandles and shorts?

Should be pretty nice, like early summer in the North.  More humid than the West, though.  Yes, you will probably want shorts & sandles.

Nancy is planning a Red Hat Tea at this year's Fall Rally, so all you ladies can show off your finery.  I don't know what-all she has in mind, but you can be sure it will be fun!

RV Roamer said:
Nancy is planning a Red Hat Tea at this year's Fall Rally, so all you ladies can show off your finery.  I don't know what-all she has in mind, but you can be sure it will be fun!

For those of you who missed the Pickles cartoon a couple of days ago, the daughter talking to the grandfather about the grandmother's Red Hat Society activities suggested the grandfather organize a ROMEO club for the men; Retired Old Men Eating Out. ;D ;D ;D

Gary -

Called Amy's today and made reservations for 1-6 November and site 55. Exact arrival and departure dates may vary <G>!! We're looking forward to getting together again.

--  Ray  --

Hi Gary,
Called today and made reservations. We are in site 65 across the road from you guys.

Dave

Gary -

Called Amy's today and made reservations for 11-/1 - 11/6 and might be on site 14. They said they don't guarantee the sites.  They also said they don't require credit card numbers for clubs.  We are looking forward to meeting all of you in November.

That's right - the park will not pre-charge your credit card if you reserve as part of our group (RV Forum/Roaming Friends). You also get a special club rate.  However, in exchange for the reduced rate they ask that payment be made in cash or check upon arrival.

Let's see, so far I think we have...

Gary & Nancy Brinck
Dave & Jeanette Reavis
Jim & Pat Dick
Joel & Camille Myers
Len & Jo
Ray & Ladonna Baginski

Wow! Didn't realize how long it had been since I checked in to see what was going on. Just made reservations today, so please add us to the list. Looking forward to seeing everybody that can make it.

David & Joanne Derway

From Jim-488
    Made reservations at Amys rv park for southeast rally. Arrive Ocy 31th leave on Nov. 7th. Amy didn't give me a site, but said I would be with the rally group.
    Left FL. in April, be back in FL.Oct. So will not be on line much. Can e-mail me.
    See you at the rally.      Jim and Marilyn Linger  (Jim- 488)

Glad you will join us, Jim & Marilyn.  Looking forward to meeting you then.

Here's the updated list:

Gary & Nancy Brinck  #56
Dave & Jeanette Reavis  #65
Jim & Pat Dick  #53
Joel & Camille Myers
Len & Jo Sackett  #14
Ray & Ladonna Baginski  #55
Dave & Joanne Derway
Jim & Marilyn Linger

Gary,

This is shaping up to be another neat rally with new people to meet!!! :) We're really looking forward to seeing everyone again!

The Southeast Fall Rally is creeping closer - time to think a bit about what we might like to do.  Any and all suggestions are solicited!

There will of course be the usual coffee klatches in the mornings, with coffee (and tea, if desired) and various tummy swelling goodies. We can bring the stuff pot luck style or buy the stuff locally, which ever seems easiest.

And I suggest we do the "Men's Breakfast" (men cook and clean up, ladies eat) that has become sort of a SER tradition - OK with you? Will pick one morning for that and serve it late, ala brunch, so a lunch won't be needed that day and folks can take off for shopping or tours afterwards.

We could do a campfire grill one night, with various sausages, peppers & onions and of course burger & dogs. Everybody chip in to pay for the meat and rolls and maybe bring salads pot luck style? Or go all the way and buy the salads too?

More ideas?

BernieD said:
For those of you who missed the Pickles cartoon a couple of days ago, the daughter talking to the grandfather about the grandmother's Red Hat Society activities suggested the grandfather organize a ROMEO club for the men; Retired Old Men Eating Out. ;D ;D ;D
Bernie, sorry for the delayed response . . . but that's not so funny. Here in Albany at the Jewish Community Center they have a monthly ROMEO luncheon!

Hope all is well!

Gary,

All your ideas sound good.  It turns out the Southern Fall Rally and out "Scenic Route" home again trip will be our "major" 2005 trip.  Look forward to meeting all out you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom