RV Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

I have always had all of my insurance needs covered by Nationwide since my first automobile. I just received a notice that my RV insurance would not be renewed by any part of Nationwide. They are offering a policy supplied by someone else. The Nationwide company has already changed my house insurance to one of those special policies just for Florida residents because of potential hurricanes. They are getting close to not giving me any service at all.  I think this would be a good time to look into getting one of the policies that are written specifically for a motorhome. Who are the best companies to consider?

Wayne

I have my auto and RV insurance with Erie and have been happy with them.  I had no problems having a weather-damaged awning replaced, including the trip charge.

Wayne, explore Progressive. I had one little (non-traffic) incident so far and there was no dispute. I thought it was a small $ 500 repair, but it came the $10,000. No hassles. The deductible went up but I don't intend to have another problem in the near future. The deductible will go down again every year.
  BTW, that was my first insurance claim in my life time.

carson FL

We now use National Interstate through ExplorerRV, their online agency for Rv insurance. No problems with a glass claim (windshield replacement). Had them for 7 years now.

If you are an AARP member, you can get RV and auto insurance through The Hartford, which has a special program for AARP members.

We've had both and been quite satisfied with them..

Progressive had the best rates back when I was looking for RV insurance.  On their website quoting system, I was able to explore a number of coverage options and determine the price of them immediately.  One thing I figured out:  it was little or no extra to cover six months of usage a year versus less than 30 days per year.

I've not had any claim experience with them.

Progressive here too.  Everything can be done online and completely hassle free.  I've had two simultaneous claims, one for the windshield and one for the awning.  (I just had this discussion here recently in another thread.)  There were small problems with the repairs, and even though they (the problems) were not all Progressive's fault, their management went to great lengths to get the job done and keep me as a customer.  They even waived the deductible completely on one of the two repairs, because of some inconveniences I experienced during the repair process.

Progressive also has excellent roadside assistance coverage options.  Costs very little and covers quite a lot.  They get my vote and recommendation all the way.

Howdy.

We have insurance on our Bluebird Wanderlodge and Jeep through Explorer RV. 

Regards,
Liz Pearce

My thanks to all for your inputs. It appears that most have Progressive. I received the new policy shortly after my original post and it is basically a new RV policy similar to the policies described by other RV insurance companies. I went in to talk with the Nationwide people and got all of my questions answered. The major problem was they were insuring it for only $19,000 instead of about $100,000. That was fixed and the new policy is somewhat cheaper than the previous automobile type policy. I am going to try them for at least a year. Again thanks to all.

Wayne

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom