A Real Novice Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is probably so basic as to be obvious, but to me it is not.

It appears that Winnebago and Itasca have basically pretty much the same models, but with different names.  They're obviously the same company.  Why choose one brand over the other?

Specifically, I'm starting to look at the Winnebago View and View Profile vs the Itasca Navion and Navion IQ.  What's the difference between the brands?

Pick the one you like the most, There will be very little difference.

Some have said that the Itasca is an upgrade. I think its just different appointments.

Dealers have an exclusive territory reserved for them.  Having two brands lets the manufacturer have overlapping dealers (one for one brand, one for the other) without violating each dealer's territory.

Think Chevy and GMC trucks, Ford and Mercury, Dodge and Plymouth, etc.

In general, the Itasca model will have some things as standard that are options on the Winnebago model, and there are normally some differences in available interior colors..
Why choose one brand over the other?
...because the floor plan/colors/etc on that one suits you better.

The origin of the Itasca brand was a reaction of Winnebago many years to 'break' out of a contract to use Dodge chassis' exclusively.  Create another brand and those pesky contract problems are instantly nullified.

afchap has a good capsule summary of the differences.  Both roll down the same assembly line.  Choose whichever model you like with the options you like.

Back
Top Bottom