Fogged window repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I thought I would put this in the Winnebago section since I am at the Winnebago GNR rally.  There is a vendor here that is advertising they specialize in correcting fogged dual glaze windows. I will talk to them this week and see what they charge for a repair on a dual pane window. It seems to be a popular topic of late. 

Yes please provide details.  Name, location, price, etc.  How you getting along with the heat? 

I would guess around $200-$250 per window for full service(removing and re-installing window).  Definitely plenty of customers for sure!!

Well I got the low down on the window repair service that is at the rally. It is a company called "Duncan Systems".  They have 3 locations, Elkhart IN, Lakeline FL, and Phoenix AZ.  The repair price for a window was $225, plus $20 if they need to replace one of the glass panes, usually due to pitting.  It takes about 2 hours to remove the glass, repair and replace the window. They use a type of expanding neoprene rubber between the panes that will expand and contract with the weather to prevent further ruptures.  There is a one year warranty on their repair.  Their contact # for Jim Moore is (800) 551-9149, ext 2059.  He also has a cell # of (574) 903-6573.

They had a long list of clients waiting at the rally. They seem to be successful with their work product. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Not your fault, SargeW. The ESL rep probably had never been to their Florida location himself and maybe didn't even know the right pronunciation.  But when I heard Duncan Systems, I knew it had to be Lakeland rather than Lakeline.

Another good window defog place in FLorida is Suncoast Design in Hudson, FL. Prices are about the same.

We recently had several  windows repaired for  " creeping black seal."  The only caution I would add with any window repair is is to make certain that your window works properly when it is reinstalled.  Our tracks were out of alignment making opening and closing them a real pain.  The drivers side " toll booth window"  leaks air when driving down the road and is VERY noisy and hard to open and close.  So be sure to take the  rig for a test drive before paying the final installment.  AND work all the windows for operation..

BTW  "Pledge"  dusting spray worked well on  lubricating the tracks for easier  opening and closing.  Good luck on your repairs.

Just FYI, Duncan Systems is one of the primary suppliers of replacement RV windshields.  They have a good reputation there and it's good to hear that they'll do dual-pane repairs as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wenzel
Back
Top Bottom