problem with electrical on 1979 Pace Arrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditrranch

Got a couple of new coach batteries. have my mh plugged into my house ac. when I unplug it from the house, lights go out. Correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't the basic lights stay on? Had a camper and the basic lights would run off the battery.
Just got this mh a couple of weeks ago and there is definitely some "bugs" that need to be worked out. The guy that had it before had a used "spare" fuse/charging board in the coach. I'm thinking he knew about the problem and got the board. What do you all think? Changing out the board should fix the switch between ac to dc power? Thanks.
John

I would also look for a blown fuse or popped circuit breaker near the battery compartment.

Whatever charging circuit you are using apparently isn't electrically connected to the batteries. No, the lights should not go off when you unplug from shore power. You may want to consider purchasing a new converter. The installation will restore full function and remove the "spare board". You will also have an up to date charger for the batteries that will not overcharge and damage the batteries if you buy a multi-stage charger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlie13
Back
Top Bottom