Hurrah Pressure Pro, CoachNet, boo ACC Warranty Services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
We just spent 12 days camped at Fort Worth Freightliner getting a new fuel injection system.  Fuel injection pressure pump, 6 injectors, fuel pressure sensor, various o-rings, seals, and a gasket, and an oil change.  The fuel injection pressure pump failed, which took out the injectors and we limped into Freightliner on Monday, Sept, 26.  The estimate was submitted to ACC Warranty Services on Tuesday.  On Thursday ACCWS refused to cover the parts, although they are all listed in our service contract as covered parts.  We will be pursuing various avenues to get ACCWS to honor the contract.  After many hours of labor, we were finally done this morning and the test drive was successful.  Paid the $6900 bill and headed for Cowtown RV Park with a full holding tank.

About 4 miles from the park, our Pressure Pro gave an alarm.  The left rear outside tire was down to 71# and dropping.  We made it to Cowtown about 4:00pm.  I called CoachNet and they said they would locate a tire service and tire, if possible, and get back to us.  They called back less than an hour later and said that Wingfoot would be on site in about 2 hours.  An hour later, the truck arrived.  He dismounted the tire and it was punctured by a sheet metal screw.  The puncture was about 1" from the sidewall so we elected to patch it rather than replace the tire (at some unknown, but certainly high, cost).  The whole repair took about 1.5 hours and the charge was $0.  Thank you, CoachNet :D  I did tip the tech as he did an excellent job.

Hopefully the patch will hold, but we only have about 230 miles tomorrow to get home.  Pressure Pro will be watching it for us.  If we hadn't had the Pressure Pro, we would not have known about the leak and probably run the tire to destruction tomorrow.  Or the inner dual would have blown out catastrophically and done a lot of damage.

Ned,

I was just about to quiz you and see what the latest news was. What a nightmare! And to think I bought my warranty to preclude just this kind of event!

But we are glad to hear SOMETHING worked as expected and that you are almost home. Good luck with recovering from the warranty company. I am still waiting for a copy of my contract which I requested when your issues began and I don't mind saying this is not a good start.

I remain optimistic but not unrealistic.

I am sure the saga will continue and I hope some good will come of everyone being made aware of some of the pitfalls of extended warranties. Sorry you had to be the one to tell the story in the first person.

Kim

Kim, thanks for the kind words, but the story isn't over yet.  At least I hope it isn't.

If the tire patch holds, we'll be home this afternoon.

Jim Johnson said:
I believe here I should say,  "I feel your pain, Ned" and I do. 

I know you do, Jimmy.  Come on over and we can share :(

We just purchased Coach Net based on all of the hoooraaaahs on here. I'm glad to hear they came through as advertised. I'm sad to hear of your warranty troubles. When we bought the coach almost 2 yrs ago, we purchased an extended plan for up to 48 month or 48,000 miles. We will surely get to the 48 months first and will be shopping for a new warranty. I'm glad your post and this forum is here to help. Thanks.

Good luck in your issues with ACC.

Stan

Good Luck on the trip home.  Wish you the best of luck on your negotiations with ACC.  If I ever get a Motorhome, I'll certainly take your recommendation on CoachNet. 

Safe travels, Ned, and good luck with the warranty company.

BigLarry - I think CoachNet covers any kind of RV, not just motorhomes. You could give them a call.

Thanks Pierat.  I've not worried much about it with this trailer and truck.  It's easy for me to change a tire, and I carry two spares on long trips.  If I had a motorhome with truck size tires, I'd not want to tackle those!

BigLarry said:
Thanks Pierat.  I've not worried much about it with this trailer and truck.  It's easy for me to change a tire, and I carry two spares on long trips.  If I had a motorhome with truck size tires, I'd not want to tackle those!
Larry - There are lots of really great reasons to get CoachNet. Changing tires is just one reason. Having 24/7 tech support available for you is priceless.

A proper patch, in the tread area of the tire, will last ... And last,,,, and last... and .. Well, you won't have any problems with it.

TPMS systems are fantastic.. Think of all the money some person without one would have to pay when that tire went completly flat, shredded and tore out all the assorted "lines" (Plumbing, hydraulic or electrical) that the idiots ran through the wheel well un-armored, not to mention the body work it would tear up... Thousands of dollars worth of damage.  I think your TPMS just paid for itself. 

Thanks all, we made it home to Spring Branch at 1300 today.  We even brought some sorely needed rain with us.  Lorna is doing several weeks accumulation of laundry and I'm catching up on some computer tasks that have been put off for the past week. 

Bought diesel in Blanco for $3.499/gallon, with our PenFed 3% cash back, makes it about $3.394/gallon.

It's good to be home.

Larry,

Coach Net will also direct you to the closest repair shop for your appliances and electronics, too.

Thanks, Jim.  We had a relaxing happy hour with a couple of the neighbors and just got back.  I may sleep in tomorrow, at least until 0700 :)

Thanks for the advice.  I might look into it next year when Betty has recovered from her knee replacement.  We're planning two or three short trips between now and New Years before Betty goes into the shop.  The trailer will be sitting at home and the truck in the Barn most of the time untill Betty's back to normal.

Even though we have a policy from 2008 that does not have the exclusion, ACCWS tried to tell us that their 2011 policy applied and that one has the exclusion.  I think that's in violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.  ACCWS is trying to bury it all by cancelling our policy and refunding the premium.  We haven't decided yet how we're going to proceed, but businesses that operate in such a manner need to be stopped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianw1234
Back
Top Bottom