My dumb question & crazy idea for the day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seilerbird, There are a lot of people out there who are sure that everyone has ulterior motives.  They are best ignored.

I would agree, as stated in earlier post "Actually.... considering past posts of Craft... this seems like a pretty sensible idea.  If I'm not mistaken, you live in and drive this unit daily, don't think there is many deals around for a usable unit for $2k that often.  Still think she is heading into the RV world for all the wrong reasons and under 'duress'... However a $2k unit that is driven and lived in seems closer to reality than a rotted, mold infested junk-yard ready mess."

Seilerbirds unit seems like a great deal for an experienced RV'r, no doubt about that.

with ya on this one Tom, 2k wont even get a start on a remodel. Everything breaks but ok if ya had to put a tranny ( which it doesn't need) in it for 700 and tyhat brings you to 2700...big deal my darned inverter costs 1500. Good deal Tom!

bertnspike said:
seilerbird, There are a lot of people out there who are sure that everyone has ulterior motives.  They are best ignored.

Man it sounds more than fair. I think your offer to her is well intentioned and from a gentile soul.

Tom, When I saw the offer My first thought was wow. very great offer, then I thought too bad that she (craft99) is on the other side of the country it sure would have been nice when I bought my first RV if the PO had of walked me through everything and shown me how to use it and what to do at a campground. sort of the if I knew then what I know now thing.

I have never met Tom in person and have only read his comments on different threads, however even without the personal contact I would not hesitate to enter into a "business deal" with him.
I did follow his trip around all the baseball parks to see every major league game, that was what got me wanting to travel.
I have used some of his advise that he has given to others to help myself with different things on my RV. I have even gone so far as to use his words as my own when talking around the campfire about different topics. Thanks Tom. :)

Hope this works out for both of you, to me sounds like a win win.

And just in case my first reply to this thread sounded negative it was not meant to be. I just wanted to point out that water damage is always more severe then it looks. Of course I did learn a lot about my RV while rebuilding it. But like I tell my kids," you DON'T have to do all the same mistakes I did, you can learn from me."
This forum is a "been there done that" cornucopia  that we ALL can learn from.

Tom that is a great offer. From my very limited experience with RV's but extensive experience with aircraft and cars and trucks, something that is being used daily is way better than anything that has been sitting. Age is much less important than getting used regularly. So many of the failures I see are directly attributed to neglect, corrosion on electrical parts. If I wanted a coach I'd be looking at yours now.

Craft99,

May I suggest that you rent a storage place for most of your books.  The weight of all those books may be to much for a MH especially if they are all on one side of the MH.

JerryF

I think Seilerbird's offer is a very generous one.  I've found out through experience that an RV that has been driven and used daily is so much better than something that has been sitting around rotting, growing mold and gathering leaks.  I wish we were in a position to live in ours full time - and am working toward that goal but it won't happen for a while yet.
I have found that weight is a real issue in an RV and books are horribly heavy.  My advice, leave them somewhere - maybe with friends.  Take a few that you will read or need but not all.  It costs gas to haul all those books around and even with the lip you mention on the bookcase you plan to build, there's still a chance that going around a bend one day they will fly off the shelves and try to commit suicide.  (been there, done that)  I hope to see you on the road - we live in Florida and love it here and hope you will, too.  I can feel your excitement and I look forward to hearing about your adventure as you go along!

The heavy books really won't affect the gas mileage at all. People who tow vehicles report that towing a 2000 pound toad around drops their mileage by about a half a gallon. A few hundred pounds of books won't matter. There are overhead storage bins in my RV and I have a lot of books stored there.

I don't know if it's a good idea for Craft99 to buy an RV or not, but Seilerbird's offer seems a fair one if Craft99 is indeed going to buy one. A cleaner deal than the one she was considering initially.

DinnerDiva said:
The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true.  Abraham Lincoln

I didn't realize that Abe Lincoln said that about the internet...... ;D ;D

Water Dog said:
I didn't realize that Abe Lincoln said that about the internet...... ;D ;D
Oh come on, don't be silly, of course Abe Lincoln did not say that. It was Mark Twain who said it.

Yes, I'm sure it was Abe - remember?  ???  "Four score and 20 years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new computer system, conceived in despiration and dedicated to all men (and women) who would someday be glued to the internet for hours at a time neglecting their housekeeping and other chores."  It applied to me, somehow... ;D

seilerbird said:
I knew someone would get Al Gore into this thread.

These postings are the most I've seen his, Al Gore, name in many a week/month/year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom