Water Pump location help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mthunderwolf

Greetings,
I am new to RVing. My wife and I just bought a 2002 Thor Komfort 24FS ft 5th wheel. It is in fairly good shape. I am trying to learn as much about it as I can before we take our first trip in it next week. I have not been able to locate the manual switch for the water pump. I looked on the braker panel but there is no braker specified for that. I looked near the location of the pump itself but have not been able to locate it. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Mark

You looked in all the wrong places. Usually the water pump switch or switches is located close to a faucet. Many have a switch on the hood over the stove. Many have a switch in the bathroom next to the sink. Sometimes the switch is not marked.

Like my water pump switch on my current Jayco Eagle TT  is located in 3 places...

* Kitchen on the control panel
* Bathroom
* Outside shower

The pump is located just above the water fill line.

As on my older Dodge Jamboree MH the pump switch was above the kitchen sink mounted on the cabinet. The water pump was located near the shower pan.

I'm sure you've probably located the switch by now but I noticed something in your OP that you might not be aware of.  You stated that there is no breaker for the water pump, this is true.  I believe that it is code that RV's can not have auto-reset 12v breakers like motor vehicles for systems that have to do with the living quarters and manual re-set 12v breakers are way too expensive for the manufacturers to install in mid/low end price range rigs. All of your 12v systems will be protected by blade fuses in that model year and the 120v will have manual reset breakers.

Make sure you drain then sanitize that fresh tank BEFORE you venture out, if it's an '02 there could be a science fair project growing inside the fresh tank and it would not make for a pleasant "Maiden Voyage".  Good luck and let us know how the trip went. 

Back
Top Bottom