06 tour basement ac problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin

Hey guys, it's been awhile, but I'm  back again with issues. Lol ok sitting in the mh  lastnight and it sounded like the ac had a helicopter  sound to it. Then it finally just shut off. Turned the switch from ac to fan and it blows fine with no noise. Turned the ac back on and it started to come up to speed then shut off again. Well we have installed a roof ac following John's lead years back, so we just turned it on and Went to sleep. Well tonight we turned the basement back on and it started up? Then seemed to be running fine, then  maybe the 2nd compressor tried to come on and it shut off. Then it restarted and blew cool air for about 3 min or so then shut off. Any ideas. Oh by the way running shore power  and we are supposed to leave out Wednesday.  Hahaha. Oh and to add to the problems the chasis air quit on the way back this fall. So I'm down to 1 ac. Any help or ideas will be listened too. And yes I have thought about just getting a new one.  Mh that is.

Great having a roof air, eh! Being ex-bluewater sailors I liked having backups for everything (within reason.)

This is a good time to replace the all of the start/run capacitors, the capacitor for the condenser blower fan is not accessible without dropping the unit (great engineering there.) You can replace the evap blower fan capacitor by removing a panel.

Our dash air has been repaired several times, good luck with that.

I didn't want to hear that about the chasis air.  :-\  we run the basement air vents to put air down on the driver seat so it's not all bad. Well until the basement air stopped.  ;D just went over to my shop and the air was working fine? Could hang meat in there. I just barely  touched the thermostat and it killed it. So I'm thinking it's in that. Of course no one has it.

When I was playing with our Horizon's C-M thermostat in preparation to replace it with the ecobee si, I was able to get a Honeywell programmable thermostat from our stick house (I replaced it with the ecobee) to work in the coach. Not sure how much of a DIY type you are though.

Our dash air...  ::) :p filter/dryer replaced once, bad schrader valve once, compressor replacement (leaking seals) and Winnebago factory service fixed the dash plenum/manifold box that was letting outside air in. Other than that, it's been reliable, LOL.

well the air was the least of our problems.  we kept it working fine by not touching it. which was great. got to hot springs and unhooked the car, which didn't want to go into gear. I mean it shifted but no movement. after a few tries it went into gear, but was short lived, had it hauled to the local dealership, $5,000.00 to fix, they said the transmission is burned completely up. can't tell me why but it is. so our long weekend turned into  2 nights.

kevin said:
.....unhooked the car, which didn't want to go into gear. I mean it shifted but no movement. after a few tries it went into gear, but was short lived, had it hauled to the local dealership, $5,000.00 to fix, they said the transmission is burned completely up. can't tell me why but it is. so our long weekend turned into  2 nights.
:(
Any chance that was from towing 4-down?

Well they think that it had a internal or external  leak that allowed the fluid to drain back down to the pan. It should hold pressure in the system to keep everything  lubed up. So it would not have any problems if you were driving it. Only being towed. Funny thing is this is the first trip with it after they put a new transfer case in it. So maybe they didn't get  something  back right that caused it to leak.

I think we are going to fix it and hook it up to the MH and try to sell both. It's a 06 with 33,000 miles. Can't really justify  keeping it really.

We're going to hang up the coach keys as well to become homebodies on our Texas ranch (ranchbodies?) We've had over 100,000 miles of wonderful memories running around the country in the Horizon - it's a great way to travel  :)) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom