$1500 budget, which Portable Power Station?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
> And an inverter...

For what, other than a microwave?
Simple answer, anything with a 120V AC plug on the end of the cord, while microwave is obvious, add in any number of other kitchen appliances, TV, hair dryer, electric blanket, as well as more practical stuff, plug in electric impact wrench, bright LED work light, chargers for drills, computers, ...

We have 400 watts worth of solar panels on the roof of our motorhome, and often use the inverter to power a crock pot sitting in the sink cooking our dinner on travel days as we drive down the road.

True enough, but it's a cost effective option if you're starting from scratch.
Totally agree. As Gary pointed out many of us here jump to the "do-it-yourself" maybe more complex option when all some folks want is plug and play.

It's actually a clever piece of kit. 2000+W/H, inverter, charger, solar ready, auto switching etc.

As a tailgating device, or home "UPS" it's probably super useful. Even a weekend RV boondock. For extended boondocking in an RV one still needs to charge it.

With all the need for electricity, how in the world did we all survive when we first started as tent campers? If you consider your "camper" a hard shelled tent, you won't need electricity.

With all the need for electricity, how in the world did we all survive when we first started as tent campers? If you consider your "camper" a hard shelled tent, you won't need electricity.
Ha, ha, ha...

And before the Calistoga wagon we had a bedroll behind the horses saddle - LOL...

"Annie, where's my hard tack????"

I remember backpacking/hitchhiking in the early 70's with my brother. IIRC the biggest weight in our packs was canned goods and flashlight batteries...

> And an inverter...

Phone charger, laptop, coffee maker, hair dryer, air fryer, etc etc etc. Whatever the RVer feels is important to his/her lifestyle. The Jackery & the Superbase have the capability to power 120v gadgets and are a substititute for a generator, which is what the OP is discussing. Just adding more batteries cannot do that.

For anything you would run the genny for (except for charging the batteries, of course!). I have used mine for many things, hair dryers, to make coffee, to run a drill, use with a 120 VAC tire pump and much more when I didn't want to start the genny for whatever reason. Such as during the genny quiet hours at some places, such as at Organ Pipe Cactus Nat'l Monument, AZ.

But I do use it the most for the MW oven.

My added setup in this new RV is shown here. I also have a 300AH lith battery in my Y2K RV. But in my Y2k RV, it runs the house stuff. In my new RV, it's a 2nd added system. The main house batteries are still lead acid and I will probably keep it that way.

-Don- Tifton, GA

It's not just for the non-techie RV owners either. I have a River Ecoflow Mini power station which is the same concept. It's just 210 watt-hours of lithium battery+inverter, but enough to provide emergency power for my phone or computer, or just a convenient portable electrical outlet in the yard or at the beach. Ecoflow has several power station products, and they are just one of many offering that sort of thing.

I can charge laptops, phones, watch tv, make coffee etc on DC. The only things I might want to do that require AC are running the microwave and the air conditioners. Seems to me more battery capacity if needed and an inverter would make more sense.

That aside, maybe a Car Generator?

I'm with Gary,
These power sources are not just for RV's. Take it out to the backyard. I put up a pergola over a stone patio last year, it's a hundred yards from the house. Turns out it gets used a lot and my wife often has friends over in the evenings for too much wine and conversation. A power source for small appliances, music , warming plates, would be great. A small solar panel to keep it powered and you're good to go, or just take it into the shop to juice it up. Then take it camping. Up here in the Northeast, very few public campgrounds have electric hookups and, for those of us that don't care for generators these make sense. I can go 4-5 days boondocking on one 12 volt wetcell, one of these doubles that and I don't have to be worried about running a fan or something else. I get it, you can do the same thing for less money by adding some combination of 6 or 12 volt batteries to your rig, but they are not simply plug and play.

> And an inverter...

Air conditioner, refrigeration, laptops, air fryer, coffee pot, electric hot water coil to reduce propane usage, heaters….

And then I live and work out of my “hard shelled tent” so chargers for tools, printer, cricut, grinder, saws, etc.

oh, wife’s oxygen…. Lol. We do alright with the rigs 100Ah AGM and the generator with another 3 AGM’s and a couple of panels planned for the future but one of these has been on the list for a pinch power source nonetheless. Despite my own handiness and immediate access to electricians on a whim I also side with Gary!

Consider perhaps a situation where a fellow rv’er is less prepared in a situation? Just the ability to quickly truck a self contained solution is worth the money to some. I do have a Milwaukee inverter as it’s my primary cordless tool platform but it’s 175 watt output is limiting at times. As much as I’d love to get the new MXFuel system it’s still got a bit of growing up to be as solid as I prefer and for the price point one of these little portable systems is just a better option.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, which helped me a lot in my choice. I have also compared other power stations on the market, but none are as cost-effective as Zendure.

Considering my budget, I finally chose the SuperBase Pro 1500; It costs only $1099, cheaper than the SuperBase Pro 2000. I can use the remaining $400 to buy a solar panel, which total costs $1558. I think it is the best choice within my budget and I will get a large capacity Power station with an endless supply of power.

Other than that, I was surprised by the 6000 cycle life, and I can use it for almost 20 years. It also has the advantage of fast self-charging, so I don't have to spend more time waiting.

I chose to believe in this product after seeing that it had raised a considerable amount of money on Indiegogo. I have already purchased it on their official website and look forward to its arrival~

Air conditioner, refrigeration, laptops, air fryer, coffee pot, electric hot water coil to reduce propane usage, heaters….

And then I live and work out of my “hard shelled tent” so chargers for tools, printer, cricut, grinder, saws, etc.

oh, wife’s oxygen…. Lol. We do alright with the rigs 100Ah AGM and the generator with another 3 AGM’s and a couple of panels planned for the future but one of these has been on the list for a pinch power source nonetheless. Despite my own handiness and immediate access to electricians on a whim I also side with Gary!

Consider perhaps a situation where a fellow rv’er is less prepared in a situation? Just the ability to quickly truck a self contained solution is worth the money to some. I do have a Milwaukee inverter as it’s my primary cordless tool platform but it’s 175 watt output is limiting at times. As much as I’d love to get the new MXFuel system it’s still got a bit of growing up to be as solid as I prefer and for the price point one of these little portable systems is just a better option.

Yeah, I purchased a Cricut from here only for $370.
This is a large Cricut machine and needs quite a bit of space to use, do bear that in mind. Other than that it's a brilliant piece of equipment. I have managed to use it on multiple types of vinyl so far.

I did spend a couple of weeks reading the information, watching YouTube clips, and joining some Facebook groups. I would suggest doing so before you buy just to make sure it's what you're looking for. As smaller cheaper versions are available.

Software not compatible with Chromebook but I use on my tablet, with no problems at all, and have had other days they use their phones too. Although that would be fiddly if doing small details.

I recently started my RV travel. But I found it too noisy to bring a fuel generator to camp, annoying to put it in an RV, and some camps don't allow it.
So I want to buy a Portable Power Station, it's quieter, more environmentally friendly and doesn't have to buy fuel.
My budget is about 1500 dollars. My friend recommended I buy Jackery Explorer 2000, an old brand and more reliable, but it cost 2000 dollars, which is beyond my budget.
I noticed the Zendure SuperBase 2000; it performs and looks better than the Jackery, has wheels and fast recharging, and is on sale for just $1,399. But it's a new product. I don't know much about it. Have anyone bought Zendure? Can you give me some advice?thx:D:D

Here's the link
Check out this BougeRV 1200w portable power station w/ solar recharging panel for $1,000.

I saw this article "While many portable power stations set the standard pricing at around $1/watt or $1/watt-hour“
I think he's right, LIPOWER can probably be trusted.

MARS1000: Portable Power Station 1000W/1100Wh LIPOWER MARS-1000

I would highly recommend this power station to anyone looking for a mid level unit {500-1000w) the best bang for your bucks.

Has anyone used the brand LIPOWER? They launched the new MARS-20000, which is only $1089. Other 2000W power stations on the market are about $2000. MARS2000.png

This is the Power Station you want.
The original.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom