1964 gm 4106

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allancook

just bought  a 64 gm 4106  for five thousand runs and drives great just needs updated  did i do ok

Pictures pictures pictures, we can"t tell anything with out them ( and we like to look at pictures)
However I would say if you like it you did good.

I've seen some units like yours that turned out great.  Solid as a rock and as you get into it, you will find parts of the bus that were built better than they do today. 

Remember your statement "just needs updated" as you progress.  I bet you will have times when you want to change that wording but the end result will justify all the work.  Especially with the low purchase price.  Enjoy!

I have a 62 4106 that I paid the same for a few years ago. Mine was converted in the mid 70s, and like yours, needed upgrading to the conversion. So far I've replaced holding/water tanks, plumbing/fixtures, water heater, furnace and a bunch of little things. Next project is new counter tops, sink and drop in cooktop. Just be aware that you will NEVER be finished!

allancook said:
just bought  a 64 gm 4106  for five thousand runs and drives great just needs updated  did i do ok

Nope! We don't believe a word until we see pic's. Gotta have pic's.

Price sounds good. Did I mention that we need pic's? ( gotta live vicariously somehow! )

Congrats!

Steve

Just thought I'd drop in to beg for pictures too!  ::). I can spend all day walking past rows and rows of razzel dazzel plastic rigs then when I spot a classic bus conversion I'm drawn to it like moth to a flame.

This thread is 5 years old, not very likely updates will be forthcoming. You would probably do better on a specific bus conversion site than here for your questions...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom