1983 Holiday Rambler 20' Alumalite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

I just purchased a 1983 ALUMAlite 20' Travel Trailer. Remarkably good condition for its age, I need to replace the ceiling panels and the counter top. Then I will be doing the upholstery. Only one cushion really messed up but brown plaid... My question to you is.There is no paperwork to this unit and Monaco does not have anything either. Looking for wiring diagrams, location of fuses, found the breakers, any info anyone might have will be a help.  original build sheet shows a stereo but dont see on (very well hidden if there). Thanks you so much in advance for your help

Attachments

• 37068853_135618690673121_5932481237535948800_n (1).jpg
    37068853_135618690673121_5932481237535948800_n (1).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi & welcome to the original RVForum.

I doubt if you are going to find much of the info you are looking, but you may be able to get appliance manuals online once you identify the make & model of what you have.  Here is one good source for operator and service manuals:  http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

Chances are that some components have been replaced or removed over the years as well.  If you want a built-in stereo, you will be much happier with a new automotive type (12v) sound system than anything of 1983 vintage and they are readily available from many sources, even Walmart.

Old trailers often hid fuse panels, converter/chargers and such under counter or dinette booths, or under the refrigerator (if raised off the floor).  You may have to follow wires from the battery, which is probably in an external compartment.

Thank you Gary. Found the converter under the booth, the fuses are in the end of it. I doubt I will put a stereo in it But if I do may be a sound bar (I already have.) will be using Apple TV and DirectvNOW. The Fridge is same model as original in exceptional shape ( Actually thought it had been replaced) THE Roof Air according to build sheet was originally Dometic but Coleman Mach in now. Need to clean rust off of the burner top or may just pull out and put shelf for my induction burner and put micro below. Seems to be in unbelievable shape. Ceiling panels need to be replaced or painted, Find a screen door, this one is missing, For some reason PO moved the battery under booth next converter box. Don't like battery inside but doable. Clearance lights don't work yet and Elect brakes do not seem to be hooked up. They cut the wires to the breakaway switch, I guess when they moved the battery. Cushions in good shape but plan to recover and replace curtains (they are ugly). Water heater needs a new freeze plug (drain Plug) galvanized and leaks. Other than that and sealing the roof and vents. All is great.

Attachments

• 37000422_135625414005782_7478738265177063424_n.jpg
    37000422_135625414005782_7478738265177063424_n.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
Water heater needs a new freeze plug (drain Plug) galvanized and leaks.

It's not a freeze plug but a drain plug used to drain the heater. You need to look at the make of the water heater. If it's a Suburban, the drain plug will have a sacrificial anode rod attached to it. The rod protects the tank from being eaten up by impurities in the water. If the heater is a Atwood, they don't use one. The tanks are made from a different material.

Back
Top Bottom