1987 Ford E350 Class C Motorhome Valve Cover Gasket Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamie2666

Hi all,

Found this forum super helpful in the past so thought I'd try again to see if any one has done this repair. I have a small oil leak at the back passenger side valve cover which is dripping a bit of oil on the exhaust. Seems to only happen when the RV hasn't been started in awhile and usually stops after 10-15 minutes but wanted to fix it anyways. It's a 460 motor and has those AIR tubes that run over the valve cover and into the exhaust manifold. Has anyone successfully replaced the gasket without having to remove the tubes ? From what I've read they are almost impossible to get out without breaking them. I don't think you can get the valve cover completely removed with them on either. Just wondering if there is enough room to lift the cover and somehow work the new gasket into place. I think if the only way to do it is to remove those tubes I may just try an oil additive and see if that seals it up.

Thanks again for any help!

Good call, I hate doing any work on these things cause it's such a small space to work in so probably starting with the simplest thing is a smart play. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom