1988 fleetwood southwind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khsalas112

Anyone know what the Fleetwood Southwind chassis and motor is based off of, I’m looking at one, just needs a belt and transmission cooler fixed, I’m looking at it for 800

Khsalas112

That is about $800 too much. 44 year old RVs are a money pit.
I’ve had an 88 eladan Winniebago, I learned that buying it for 500$, I put over 4k into it to get it running, but if it just needs a belt and transmission cooler fix, which never know could be severe or light, it could be worth it in the end, I’m also looking at an 98 Tioga that Just needs a new battery for same price but runs and drives great

donn

In that vintage it could be anything. Ford and Dodge were quite common. What motor does it have? But like others have said 800 is about 500 to much. And to make it just livable could cost you thousands. You would be better off buying a used mfg home.

donn

Roof? Leaks? As for living those are your greatest concern. In TX with the intense heat a rotten roof could cost you 5000 dollars easily. I understand your trying to find something cheap, but it's simply not worth it IMHO.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
John Deer RV chassis used Ford engines and transmissions. The steering wheel probably has a company logo that will provide quick identification, either the Chevy "bowtie" or the Ford or Deere logo for the JD RV chassis.

House Husband

If your coach is on a Ford Chassis, it's a F53. Fuel injected 460 with an E4OD tranny.
If on a Chevy chassis, it's a P32. Carbureted.
If on a Oshkosh chassis, it has a carbureted Ford 460 with a C6 tranny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hqcustomdesign
Top Bottom