1992 winnebago brave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

borto1990

Hello all,

Totally new to motorhomes. Wife and I are selling our TT for a 92 brave 31rq. Its my neighbors parents. Inside is mint. Outside needs to be buffed. But appears to be in great shape. he is only asking 3k (going to a home and needs it gone)  I'm having someone look at it mechanically to start with.  However I fix a lot of stuff myself. My question. I can't seem to find a place for parts online. Even for shocks there is no tag for Winnebago in the drop down boxes it seems. I'm I going to have a hard time with this model as a do it yourselfer?

Thanks for any input. Hope to look at it in a few days.

T

You need to know what make & model chassis it is built on to shop for chassis & engine items. For instance, mine is a Spartan MountainMaster GT. Yours is likely either a Ford or GM. Contacting Winnebago would likely be helpful for some of that info. Email to or&winnebagoind.com or call 800-537-1885       

Useful information. Thank you! I did see the vin and it does say p37 in it. So when I try to find shocks etc do I click on the Chevy drop down? Will there be something that says p frame? I'll have to do this on the desktop. Its a little madning on my phone. Thanks again for the info. I was hoping to test drive it today. But he said coming home from camping he had speedometer issues making it shift funny so he drove it right to the shop. Hopefully mid week now. So I'm trying to learn as much about it as possible.

There are a several things that can cause erroneous speedo inputs.  If the rectifier goes out in the alternator it could be sending ac currant to the system instead of dc, that does interfere with the logic in the system . The vss module sends the signal direct to the speedo. The vss gets its input direct from the speed sensors located in the transmission. There are 2 reluctors that generate ac voltage in the trans and the vss module converts and sends those signals to the pcm and  the speedo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom