1995 southwind motorhome having problems with disconnect switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ezmcl

looking for some advice. We change both solenoid and still have no power on left side of the unit. anyone else had this issue. fog lights,heat and mirrors are not working only if we jump it off the solenoid.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Only on the left side?  If it's a partial loss like that, it's not the chassis disconnect solenoid. The solenoids are all or nothing. And those are clearly chassis functions, so the house disconnect is not involved.  Sounds more like a fuse...

cavie

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Only on the left side?  If it's a partial loss like that, it's not the chassis disconnect solenoid. The solenoids are all or nothing. And those are clearly chassis functions, so the house disconnect is not involved.  Sounds more like a fuse...

Attachments

• What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
    What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1

Gizmo100

Welcome to the RV Form ezmcl

Your statement " jump it off the solenoid." is a red flag to me.

What are you doing to get these items working?

Although I wound not argue with either Gary or Cavie...I would start looking for a blown fuse.

ezmcl

we have check all fuse are fine, we still cant get the left side to work. Thanks for the advice I guess we try looking at fuse again. Yes we did jump directly to solenoid and got power that way. inside my switches one works fine but the other disconnect just making a funny noise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whatthenobo
Top Bottom