1997 Coachmen Mirada 80QB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber0423

I am looking into buying a 1997 coachmen Mirada 80QB and I can?t find any information on it at all. Does anyone know anything about that one. It does have some cosmetic flaws but it can be fixed but for $5000 I thought it was a good price. I wish I could find more information on it. Thanks for any info.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Not much to say. It was a low end (aka "entry level") model when new, so your expectations should not be high.

I couldn't find anything about a model 80-QB model either, but $5000 is cheap for any Class A in good condition. Most Miradas of that vintage sell for around $10k, so this one probably has various things wrong with it. Maybe not so cosmetic. Do you know enough about RVs to judge cosmetic vs major problems and the possible cost of repair? Most RV repairs cost far more than newcomers expect. Tires and batteries alone can be a major hit.

QB usually designates a Queen Bed in Coachmen models. The number part of the model is usually 3 digits, e.g. M-300 or M-340, and represent the approximate length.  Do you know the length and whether it is a Ford or Chevy chassis underneath?

amber0423

Thank you for the information. I?m thinking it?s a 280 and it?s missing the 2 in front on the sticker beside the door. My dad actually bought it from a sale, it was a trade in from camping world. It does have 37,000 miles on it and everything mechanically seems great as it was in the shop to be looked over. It is missing the awning. It looks just like the 280 and it?s also a ford. The appliances looked barely used and all the cabinets looks new. It just needs to be cleaned up so I?m hoping at $5000 it would be a great starter rv. 

House Husband

Just so you know. If that 97 coach is on a 97 chassis, it will have the brake master cylinder on the firewall. If on a 96 chassis, the master cylinder will be on the left frame rail, beside the engine. If you have a 97 chassis, the power steering and power brake hoses are non-available because they are one year only. You can have them custom made at a hydraulics shop.
Those old Ford 460s are tough engines. Also known for less fuel mileage than a Cheby. It does respond well to exhaust headers.

Top Bottom