1st Post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Papajoe621

Getting ready to retire.? 3 Months away.? Looking for 1st RV, C- class.? Will probably have a lot of questions as time goes on.? Thanks in advance for any help along the way.? Joe

Joe,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.  You have found the right place to ask questions and get information relating to the RVing lifestyle.

What part og the country are you from?

Ron:? I am living in Las Vegas, Nv.? Moved here in 1961. Have grandkids here so this will be home base.

Welcome aboard, Joe. You've come to the right place, so ask whatever questions occur to you, even if they seem like "dumb" questions.

May I suggest that you also look at small Class A motorhomes.  They cost the same as a Class C and generally offer a bit more interior room and greater storage underneath.  In fact, you can probably get a 28 foot Class A for the price of a 24 foot Class C.

Thanks RV Roamer for your insight.  The only thing about a Class A is when I drove one it seemed like I was always looking at the rear view mirrors and trying to stay in my lane.  It was a little intimidating.

We usually stop in Las Vegas on our way south in the fall and on our way North in the Spring.  HAve some very ood friends there.

Hi Papa Joe,

The only thing about a Class A is when I drove one it seemed like I was always looking at the rear view mirrors and trying to stay in my lane.

When I first got our Class A--our first MH of any class, I too found I had to work hard and continuously to stay in my lane until . . . .

. . . I centred the rig in a lane (no traffic around) and then put a piece of scotch tape on the dash that lined up the centre-line and right side of the roadway markings with my line of sight (peripheral vision) as I looked down the highway as I might when following traffic at a safe distance.  Then without looking in mirrors (which takes the eyes off the road)  I'd line up the scotch tapes with the roadway markers and that put me back in the centre of the lane.

Ciao,

Doug

Back
Top Bottom