1st time RV trip: Questions about crossing border to Canada at Niagara Falls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian77

We will stay at an RV park for about a week at the US side of the Niagara Falls.
Can we drive the 24 feet class-C RV to tour the Canada side of the Falls and Toronto city and return to US on the same day?
Can we do this multiple times within a week?
Thank you so much for any tips/hints/suggestions!!!

You might be better off seeing if any of the guided tour companies are doing their two country tours again. Getting around either side of the falls in a 24' RV could be a bit tight in places.

I would not take an RV into Toronto.
You can cross multiple times and the Canadians will give you less trouble than the US customs.
You must use the arriveCan App before entering Canada. You must be vaccinated against Covid. No firearms. Limits on the amount of alcohol, tobacco and firearms brought across the border. No marijuana either way even if you have a medical card.
For about $300.00 you can rent a car for 4 days to see Canada. That would be what I do

Thank you both so much for all the detailed info!
I am now thinking to park the RV at the campground and tour around in a rental car.
Got a 2nd grader and it seems there are more funs at the Canadian side of the Falls. Thanks!

Thank you both so much for all the detailed info!
I am now thinking to park the RV at the campground and tour around in a rental car.
Got a 2nd grader and it seems there are more funs at the Canadian side of the Falls. Thanks!
Make sure you see the US side too. Lot's of interesting things there as well.

The only worthwhile attraction on the US side is Cave of the Winds. Everything else is on the Canadian side. We made the mistake of staying in the US for our first visit, never again.

I am now thinking to park the RV at the campground and tour around in a rental car
That's the best course of action, for sure. You don't want to take a class C into Toronto, especially downtown, where a lot of the attractions are located.

Also, remember that it takes about one hour or more (depending on traffic) driving from Niagara Falls to Toronto.

The wineries area and Niagara On The Lake are also worth the visit. They are very close to Niagara Falls.

I want to correct something in this string-
You do not have to be vaxed to enter Canada, as long as you are just transiting the country to reach a job or your residence, and you have a negative test administered by a medical professional in the last 72 hrs.
So... you are on your way to Alaska to work. Says so right there on that letter you got from some obscure employer who has a contact phone # that connects with someone who knows what's up.
Then, unfortunately, the job opportunity vanishes while you are in route, and you have to re-enter the lower 48 and return to your home.

I wouldn’t want to rely on Wasillaguy for legal advice. Canada turned people away at the border last year for “jobs” that the border agent didn’t agree were real. Great way to get yourself permanently banned from crossing the border ever. I recommend following another sovereign nation’s rules, not trying to fib your way around them. Even if the fib got someone into Alaska from western Canada, I don’t think it would work for Niagara Falls. The border agent would just say “Go to Montana, Idaho, or Washington to cross”.

Wasn't offering legal advice. They can turn you away for any reason, it's their country. Lots of real jobs available in Alaska, every year.

Wasn't offering legal advice. They can turn you away for any reason, it's their country. Lots of real jobs available in Alaska, every year.
I can see you are in Alaska, but I don't know what does anything to do with the OP's trip to Niagara Falls... There's no need to offer obscure advise about how to beat the system.

Regarding vaccination status when entering Canada and driving to Alaska, they ask for employment letter, not a job offer letter. Nowadays is very easy to verify is this is legitimate or not.

I never offered obscure advice on how to beat the system.
Not that I'm too concerned whether you felt it was needed, but what I offered was advice on how to comply with the system.
Do you think anyone who is not yet vaxed is going to go out and get the jab so they can visit Canada?
The CDC is admitting it does not work.

But they don’t want to go to Alaska! They want to visit the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, opposite New York State. Nothing in this thread calling for a job in Alaska except your comment.

3rd post of the thread says you can't enter Canada unless vaxed.
I brought the thread back to the surface to correct that statement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom