2 months til take off!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVMommaTo6

I've had so many people, including some of you, ask me write a blog. So I finally caved. I'll be chronicling our 10 month trip around the country here (link in profile).

I'm starting it now to cover who we are and how we got here and then I'll be blogging along the way and I'll try to include reviews of the places we stay, the things we do, and ppst some pictures. I'll also have the kids do a YouTube channel for videos that I'll somehow find a way to connect to the blog.
2 months until we leave! Ahhhhhh, I'm so ready to leave emotionally and mentally, but physically we still have soms getting ready to do.
Anyway, feel free to follow my blog, it's pretty basic because I'm technologically challenged so I'm learning along the way lol, so thank you for your patience!

Good job.  Looking forward to hearing about your trip.  It has been enjoyable reading your posts on this forum and seeing your success.

Shelia

Saved the blog and looking forward to following your trip.

Now GET THAT RV READY GIRL....Departure day will be here before you know it.

The time is really flying by! Two months feels like hours. The RV is pretty ready to go but I still need to find tenants for my house, which is the biggest thing still left to do.

Have been wondering about you and your trip so I'm glad to see this post.

I have rentals so I'm curious how you are going about finding a tenant.

Do you have a rental agency handling it or are you doing it all? 

Have you ever rented out a house?

Isaac-1 said:
It looks like her post was edited by an admin, possibly to remove the link to her blog :(

Ha!  I know the answer to this one.  Amanda, put the link to your blog in your signature.  That's allowed.

Arch Hoagland said:
Do you have a rental agency handling it or are you doing it all? 

Have you ever rented out a house?
I'm not renting the whole house as a unit, I'm renting rooms. We have 5 colleges and universities in the city so I'm hoping to rent rooms to students. One room will be rented by someone I know, he will be managing the house while I'm gone.
I'm just using Craigslist to put put an add for rooms available. I'm in a very desired area of the city so I don't think I should have a problem finding people.
I have never rented a house out before.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I'm not renting the whole house as a unit, I'm renting rooms. We have 5 colleges and universities in the city so I'm hoping to rent rooms to students. One room will be rented by someone I know, he will be managing the house while I'm gone.
I'm just using Craigslist to put put an add for rooms available. I'm in a very desired area of the city so I don't think I should have a problem finding people.
After my last divorce left me with a three bedroom house I ended up converting the three car garage to a studio and rented the three bedrooms out. It worked out really well except I should have made a rule not to have sex with any of my roommates. It got really ugly really quickly.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Lop yeah I had it in the original post and then it was edited but I had no idea. It's in my signature now!

Look forward to following your adventure.  Maybe you should call Hollywood, I'm guessing you will have some movie ready excitement  ::)  I can see a 'RV-II' in the works.  ;D

RVMommaTo6 said:
The 4 universities/colleges around here all do rentals through the student housing offices on campus.  A homeowner wifhing to rent to students would go there.

So happy for you all. Hope your trip is incredible and you make lots of magical memories with those beautiful kids!

I won't be there to have sex with them, so I'm safe there lol they will come after we are out and leave before we move back in.
People always told me we should have a show back in 2009. I had 4 adopted greyhounds at the time and adopted my kids all together as a sibling group. They were 8, 6, 5, 3, 2, and 12 months. Every day was pretty much a comedic episode.

SeilerBird said:
It worked out really well except I should have made a rule not to have sex with any of my roommates. It got really ugly really quickly.

Just for the record.......I've got jokes for this but it's a family forum...So I will behave myself.

Gizmo100 said:
Just for the record.......I've got jokes for this but it's a family forum...So I will behave myself.
I don't think anyone doubted you would have a response! Lol, on another note, you know how to behave?!?!

RVMommaTo6 said:
I don't think anyone doubted you would have a response! Lol, on another note, you know how to behave?!?!

;D ;D I know how to behave....I'm just not very good at it..  ;D ;D

Well I went to Amanda's Blog page and bookmarked it. It is on my bookmark bar in Chrome. It has a tiny little icon of a photo of Amanda. The good news is I now have a photo of Amanda on my browser. The bad news is she is 1/8 of an inch high on my 11 inch Chromebook. ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom