2" slice on slide roof best way to patch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Decided to do self leveling Dicor and then a the Eternabond patch. Not concerned about it being to high as there are plastic pieces about 8" long and 1/4" tall on top of the roof that help the seal pull out when we open the slide. Thanks for all the replies and help.

gwinger, had the exact process down pat, how I have used Eternabond
Tape in the past on both my front and rear cap seals, around vent pipes, antenna cable opening, and the satellite dish cable opening. Clean the area with some kind of alcohol solvent (not petroleum based), and put down the Eternabond tape first. If you have a wallpaper roller they work great to smooth down the tape paying particular attention to the edges for a good seal. Afterward, seal around the edges of the tape with Dicor for a little added protection. After that, no need to worry about the seal or leak from the repaired location.

Follow up. I put the eternabond over the dicor today and it looks fine. I put the extra eternabond in a plastic ziplock bag.
Appreciate all the help

Follow up. I put the eternabond over the dicor today and it looks fine. I put the extra eternabond in a plastic ziplock bag.
Appreciate all the help
That’s awesome.
Just a tip about storing the tape in a plastic bag, make sure it does not get hot. If it does, when you open up the bag you’ll probably find that some of the liquid rubber or glue oozing out a little on the sides and sticking to the bag.
I wonder if anyone tried storing it in a freezer and what was the outcome?

Reactions: SMR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom