2000 Coachman Catalina Speedometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaimee11

My speedometer works sporadically. When it doesn't work my odometer and trip meter also don't work. I have replaced all the wheel sensors and had the cluster checked. Also traced all wires and they're all good. Now I'm being told it is the trans output sensor, but my cruise control works when the speedo doesn't so doesn't that rule out that sensor? Of course most of those sensors are very cheap so why not just check right? Well the one for my Allison MT643 is $350.00, so I can't just dump that cost for a big ?maybe? What do I do now? Just to throw this out there I live in Pa so it has to be inspected every year and it won't pass if the speedo doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm at my wits end with this.

Can that sensor for the Allison be removed and tested? Perhaps a continuity tester would reveal something important. Cheaper than buying a new one and finding out that is not the problem.

Bill

Yea I was thinking something like that also. My mechanic is coming by today to pull it out. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom