2000 Flair 34d Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crnrpokt

Hello all,
stumbled upon this site a few days ago and have been enjoying as well as learning. Thank you all. My first post so I apologize if the ignorance of my question, or the placing of my question is wrong.

I have a 2000 Flair 34d and my generator is giving issues with supplying correct voltages to turn on my ac unit. My question is this:
Does anyone know what possible generators will fit into the space that my Marquis 5000 is in now? If we need to buy another generator then we will upgrade and just need to know what will fit.

I would have the generator checked by a competent service center. It might be a bad connection or at worst a failed voltage which a lot cheaper than a new unit.

Thank you. I actually have had it checked by a tech. He sees the voltages in and out up to the AC unit. He went through, cleaned the carb, replaced the float assembly, and checked the voltages. The AC units work on shore power but on generator the cabin turns on but no ac - just blows. Shed light stays green as if its working.

First, welcome to the RVForum. We're glad you found us. I agree with Roy. The Onan 5000 is actually a pretty reliable generator if maintained properly, and a lot of RVs have them. A competent shop should be able to diagnose and repair it - probably cheaper than installing a different used one, and certainly with fewer headaches. Perhaps the tech who looked at it lacks experience with generators. You might want to seek out a Cummins facility. They own Onan.

Kev

sounds good. I just need to find a tech here in Las Vegas who does. Anyone know anyone?

Back
Top Bottom