2000 Fleetwood American Tradition w/Allison MD3060 hard downshifting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hornt67

I own a 2000 American Tradition and it has the Allison MD3060 transmission. I was driving home from a local campground last weekend and experienced hard downshifting as I slowed. It was so extreme I thought I had hit something in the road the first time it happened. It continued the remaining 10 miles home. I parked it until the next day when I could check the codes on the keypad.
It only displays 1 code and it was 2214 (Engine Speed Sensor). Has anyone had experience with this before?
On a 1995 Monaco Dynasty I had owned I had to replace the Throttle Position Sensor on an MD3060 when it would not go into gear but I have never experienced a hard downshift like this before.

In 2005 I had a 2003 Bounder diesel with a 3000 series and it did that. As I traveled I called the Allison tech support and since it was under warranty they said to bring in in and they would check it out. In the 200 miles to get to their shop the issue went away and never came back. No idea what happened.

I've got it on my 3060 but just every now and again.  I'll be interested to see if anyone here has words of wisdom on the subject.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom