2001 Adventurer House Battery Not Turning On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimcgreen

The house battery on my 2001 Adventurer is not turning on when I depress the rocker switch near the steps. The batteries show a good charge when checked with a meter. The panel that shows battery levels says that the engine battery is 13.1 volts but the house battery shows blank on the display. No numbers at all. I am trying to find the location of the battery disconnect relay and battery changeover solenoid so that I can check those. Their location seem to vary depending on model. Does anybody know where the battery disconnect relay and battery changeover solenoid are located on a 2001 Adventurer?

My 2000 has relays behind the second step just above the batteries. There should be a tab on the riser and behind it there's a metal panel.

I'll check that riser. I don't remember seeing a tab but it could be hidden in the carpet.
The Winnebago parts catalog calls the solenoid a "008188-01-000 EA SOLENOID - 3 POST - BATTERY CHANGE OVER". The electrical diagram calls it a "Battery Mode Solenoid" located in electrical box directly ahead of entrance step.
Thanks for the clues guys.

On my 2000 35U Adventurer, the battery mode and battery disconnect solenoids are behind the second step riser. Pull on the bottom of the carpeted riser or use the black strap if it's visible. Turn each of the latches 1/4 turn to the left and remove the metal cover. The breaker panel face is removed by removing the Phillips screws on each side of the metal breaker panel. The solenoids are right behind the breaker panel face.

I noticed that my "Battery Boost" switch wasn't connecting the house batteries to the chassis battery which turned out to be the solenoid on the left. Napa had a suitable continuous duty replacement solenoid that fixed the issue.

Be sure to remove both negative connections to the batteries for the chassis and house batteries and please be very careful as you are working above the battery box.

1671142801780.png

The house battery on my 2001 Adventurer is not turning on when I depress the rocker switch near the steps. The batteries show a good charge when checked with a meter. The panel that shows battery levels says that the engine battery is 13.1 volts but the house battery shows blank on the display. No numbers at all. I am trying to find the location of the battery disconnect relay and battery changeover solenoid so that I can check those. Their location seem to vary depending on model. Does anybody know where the battery disconnect relay and battery changeover solenoid are located on a 2001 Adventurer?

Happened to me as well. And as I'm trained in that kind of thing I broke out the test kit and with a bit of help from She who knows nothing about that stuff quickly found my problem.. Now to fix it
IN my case the RV was less than a year old (one does not expect this in a new rig) but it was the switch.
One symptom was this. When I hit "Store" (Disconnect) I clearly heard the solenoid CLUNK.. but when I hit USE (Connect) NOTHING.
Now all the same wires fuses even the same coil on the magnetic latching relay.. All the switch does is feed the power the other way.
Switch had a dirty contact.
So I removed the switch (Big mistake was lots of fun putting it back)
Suggestion.. Find the fuse that feeds it (one of the 5 amp jobs)
Cycled it about 50-100 times (The switches are "Self Cleaning")

Restored it and SUCCESS

Total cost... $0.00

Hi Jim - I’m going with John’s answer! If none of all that helps there should be- may be- on the left side of dash by driver door, on my 2000 37G it was above the jack controls, a battery boost switch. Not that it will help your situation but thinking in terms of what it might do or prevent from happening if it were bad. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom