2001 Ford F-250 Electric Brake and Pigtail Problem....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefivers

2001 Ford F-250 3/4 Ton Diesel 4X4

I've got a problem. I installed a tekonsha voyager brake controller. I hooked up the Pigtail I purchased from Ford to the matching (not color) wires of the controller. If I manually use the brake controller the Trailer Brakes Work, but pressing the Brake Pedal doesnt do anything. I verified that I am getting 12 volts from the Light Green Wire on the Ford Pigtail when I press the brakes ( the green pigtail wire connects to the stop lights on the controller,The Red Wire ) but the electric brakes do not work. Also the green LED on the controller stays green. Any ideas on this problem ? I believe my problem is with the light green wire and the Red Wire from the Brake controller. All else works fine, Brake Lights, Blinkers,etc....

If I connect the RED wire of the brake controller to 12 Volts the Brakes will Engage, Correct ?

I  have a Tekonsha voyager brake controller.  The one I have is activated by inertia.  The Voyager senses deceleration and then generates an output to the brakes.  In a stationary state when the truck is not moving, the voyager will not apply the trailer brakes unless the manual override slide bar is applied. I wasn't sure from your description if you were not getting a yellow light when you were stationary or if you were in motion. Mine also has a level adjustment that needs to be setup correctly.  Also check the gain adjustment.
Jake.

Back
Top Bottom