2002 35U Adventurer with Workhorse Chassis HWH hydraulic leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

penman39

Out camping last weekend for the last time before storing. After leveling and extending slides I noticed a few drops of fluid beneath the power pack which is behind the front grille. First time this has ever happened in the 6 trips since purchased in June and it appears that leakage is around hose connections to the pack. Has anyone removed the front fiberglass grill on this rig? What is all involved? I noticed a metal latch on each side behind the grille piece. Is there move involved besides disconnecting headlight wires and latches to remove the grill so access to the HWH power pack is easy?

penman39 said:
Out camping last weekend for the last time before storing. After leveling and extending slides I noticed a few drops of fluid beneath the power pack which is behind the front grille. First time this has ever happened in the 6 trips since purchased in June and it appears that leakage is around hose connections to the pack. Has anyone removed the front fiberglass grill on this rig? What is all involved? I noticed a metal latch on each side behind the grille piece. Is there move involved besides disconnecting headlight wires and latches to remove the grill so access to the HWH power pack is easy?

I have the same year/make/model coach as yours and also have noticed some small leaks from that area when I put the jacks down in the driveway.  I have never been able to figure out where to check the fluid level for the jacks.  Is it in this area?  This area on my coach looks pretty covered with grease and dirt and I would like to power wash it but don't want to do any damage.  Will keep track of this thread and maybe I can learn something from it.  By the way, my coach stays in covered storage when not in use and there is no evidence of leaks there so it must just happen when the jacks are put into use.

Bill N said:
  I have never been able to figure out where to check the fluid level for the jacks.

The fluid reservoir is the tank on left side of the assembly. Remove the silver breather on the top. it has a built in dipstick. Make sure all your jacks are retracted and the slides are in before checking the level or else you will get a false low reading.

Still waiting to hear from someone about the steps to remove the front grille. :-\

I have a 2003 34D Brave and had a leak on the rear jack(Hwh).  It appeared to be the hose connection.  I removed it from the coach- there was only one large bolt that held it in place at the top.  There was a cross brace that had to be removed but that is not on the front.  Once I got it removed I hooked up the hose again and operated it.  The jack had a leak on the top of the casing.  I took paper towel and wrapped a few places top figure out exactly where it was leaking.  I cleaned it up and welded it shut and that fixed the issue.  I did that at least 2 years ago and it has never leaked since.  I don't have the same coach so I don't know how to remove the front grill.

Bump. Has anyone removed the front grille on their Adventurer 35U? Mine is a 2002 model

penman39 said:
Bump. Has anyone removed the front grille on their Adventurer 35U? Mine is a 2002 model
Not yet but when I take mine out of storage I will definitely give it a look.

Old thread but I've noticed this on our new to us 2000 Adventurer 35U, hydraulic fluid that leaks from the HWH fluid reservoir assembly after retracting the slides/jacks. It stops after leaking after about 10ml of fluid makes a small puddle on the floor and the fluid level is "right between the lines" when I check the short dipstick installed in the reservoir cap. I think it's probably attributable to the age of the seals and I'm just going to keep an eye on it for now.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's coming from another point and appearing it's coming out of the reservoir. My take on it is to clean/degrease the area best you can and let it dry, then operate it a few times to zero in on the source.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom