2002 holiday rambler endeavor 35sbd convertor location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having a lot of flickering lights when 12v appliances go on/off (furnace, vent fan, etc.) i was told it may be the convertor going bad. I can not find said convertor. Does anyone know the location on 2002 holiday rambler 35sbd endeavor. I have read lots of maybe here maybe there but a actual location would be great..

Thank you,

Bruce

I do know where it is yes BUT there is no cooling vents or anything here to indicate it being behind the panel. See attached picture. I mean I can take it out to see but my understand is there would be cooling.

Attachments

• Panel.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 14
Behind that tan panel. Judging by the layout of the 110 and 12 volt sections it will be right between them behind that panel. They typically do not need external vents as they have fans to cool them. Looks like that panel has been off many times. Keep us posted.

Behind that tan panel. Judging by the layout of the 110 and 12 volt sections it will be right between them behind that panel. They typically do not need external vents as they have fans to cool them. Looks like that panel has been off many times. Keep us posted.
Awesome I will look at lunch thank you very much..

The left side is an Intellitec 750 distribution panel for 120V (Intellitec Service Manual) and the right side is the 12V fuse panel but I can't make out any name on it to know which one it is. Nothing in the service manual addresses the location of anything since that is determined by the builder o the coach. I would agree with Martian that the converter is located behind those panel if there is space for it. For both ease of construction and the expense of materials, it only makes sense that it is located behind those two distribution items.

I'm not so sure that I would think that the flickering lights are due to a bad converter. It is a pretty good indication of varying voltage on your 12V system and that could be caused by the converter but in my experience, it is more likely to be a battery problem. How old are your batteries, and who long has it been since you last serviced them?

Last edited:
An inverter was standard equipment in that year/model so the odds are that it has an inverter/charger that provides 12v power. It would be located in the battery bay and send power to that fuse panel via a heavy wire, perhaps 8 gauge.

The left side is an Intellitec 750 distribution panel for 120V (Intellitec Service Manual) and the right side is the 12V fuse panel but I can't make out any name on it to know which one it is. Nothing in the service manual addresses the location of anything since that is determined by the builder o the coach. I would agree with Martian that the converter is located behind those panel if there is space for it. For both ease of construction and the expense of materials, it only makes sense that it is located behind those two distribution items.

I'm not so sure that I would think that the flickering lights are due to a bad converter. It is a pretty good indication of varying voltage on your 12V system and that could be caused by the converter but in my experience, it is more likely to be a battery problem. How old are your batteries, and who long has it been since you last serviced them?
I think we are chasing two issues because also having noises from the furnace (not normal bad bearing sound) we had put a battery charger on the batteries to troubleshoot flicker and the noise went away. So that in conjunction with extreme flicker and slowing down of the furnace fan made us think convertor issue. Now I am thinking fan motor going bad. I do not know how old batteries are as this is a New to us motorhome. I will look into that. Thanks for help.

Low voltage will also cause the blower motor to slow down. The speed of a direct current motor is directly proportional to the voltage applied. At least tale a look at the batteries before you go too deep. Check the electrolyte levels first, then the voltage with the negative cable lifted.

Low voltage will also cause the blower motor to slow down. The speed of a direct current motor is directly proportional to the voltage applied. At least tale a look at the batteries before you go too deep. Check the electrolyte levels first, then the voltage with the negative cable lifted.
that is tomorrows plan. Thank you for all the help..

Back
Top Bottom