2002 TRAVEL SUPREME advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

69bbc

We have been into rv'ing since we retired in 2009 and currently have a 2010 puma TT and  a tundra. This year we did over 10k Kilometers and were thinking about a larger rig. Fell over a low mileage 2002 TRAVEL SUPREME SELECT 41DSO locally. Tried to surf the net for good/bad points for this RV and not much so I thought owners here can share some insight. At a reasonable price is this one I should consider or keep looking.

Ours is a 2002  38KS01 Travel Supreme.  They are and continue to be well made coaches.  There are many similarities with Newmar, since many employees came from there.  Entegra is the Travel Supreme after the buyout in 2008.  House wise, we have had no issues and enjoy living in it, part time.  Chassis wise, we had a few issues do to lack of use from the previous owner.  Look at tires, battery ages, etc.  Look at the radiator for signs of decay.  Look for excessive rust on the engine, an indicator of long outdoor storage.  And verify that all features (chassis & house) work.  The Spartan chassis is excellent and they have great customer service.

Some of the longer units had issues with the windows popping out at an upper corner.  This was due to excessive chassis flex.  The Mountain Master chassis seemed to have the problem but the K2 chassis did not.  The fix is to add rugged cross bracing to the basement area.  I'm not sure if this problem shows up only on the single windshield models or if it also occurs on the split window versions.  We have not had any issues and we have to twist into our steep drive.  Our windshields are mounted in a rubber trim that allows the glass to float, some.  We have the Mountain Master chassis.

Note, there is also a 2000 Travel Supreme listed on the forum under "Private For Sale and wanted items". This is a well optioned coach and is very nice (I am not the the seller, but I have been in this coach).

Ken

It is a 2002. Except for the 400hp vs 500 hp engine and tile vs marble floor, it is the same as the Select, the furniture and woodwork are identical. The 400hp engine is much cheaper to maintain, gets better fuel mileage and weighs less, providing more carrying capacity on the drive axle. But both are great coaches.

Thanks for the plug

BernieD ,

nice rig, wish it was closer. Thanks for the insight, we are going to view the local one Thursday. Let you all know how things end up. Appreciate all the tips and looking forward to upgrading.

If the low mileage tires are original- get rid of them. 10 year old tires are waiting to give you an event that you won't like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom