2003 Carriage Carri Lite 5th wheel mystery switches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EileenA

Just bought wonderful 2003 Carriage 5th wheel.  What are the three switches inside over the door?  They are next to the holding tank gauges but cannot figure what they switch on and off. EileenA

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new rig. Pictures would be helpful

I am finding this rvforum site more complicated than my new rv.  Been in the 5th wheel for 2 weeks now and everything is working - love the spaciousness.  Tried to post a photo but gave up.  How does one post a photo?  I have used Facebook, email, websites, Zoom, photoshop, etc. for many years.  This site has me stumped.  The photo only comes over with the IMG3410JPG number and no picture.
EileenA

Directly below the reply box is a line that says ?attachments and other options?.

Pressing that you can ?upload? a picture I following the prompts  Where it says ?choose file?

From there it takes you to your photo library Or other location or possibly even allows you to take a photo while you are making the reply.

The initial loading of the photo will not show up until you actually make a post.

It will not even show up in a preview

Gene50 said:
Directly below the reply box is a line that says ?attachments and other options?.

Pressing that you can ?upload? a picture I following the prompts  Where it says ?choose file?

From there it takes you to your photo library Or other location or possibly even allows you to take a photo while you are making the reply.

The initial loading of the photo will not show up until you actually make a post.

It will not even show up in a preview

Also, max file size is 350K so photos will probably have to be resized and/or jpg quality reduced

If the switches are large they may be outdoor light switches.  If they're in proximity to your slide switches they may be "lockout" switches to prevent unintended slide operation.  If they're small they could be water heater switches, although those often come on a plate with some kind of marking.                                   
Since we're a visual society pictures would be good.  It's pretty easy to post pics once you get the hang of it.
Alternatively there's a Carriage-Lifestyle Owners forum where you can probably find help too.

MSW took my thoughts!

My initial thought was outside lights.  My switches are in the main control panel box.  3 switches are for my front patio light, rear "scare" light, and the light by the steps.

EileenA said:
Just bought wonderful 2003 Carriage 5th wheel.  What are the three switches inside over the door?  They are next to the holding tank gauges but cannot figure what they switch on and off. EileenA

My 2011 model (36SBQ) has three switches that are for overriding the slide motors so you can manually crank them out in case of motor failure. There is a sticker explaining this, but it typically falls off especially if it gets really hot in the trailer while being stored. Does your trailer have three slides? If so, this might be what yours are as well.

Attachments

• switches.jpg
    switches.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 12
  • switchpanel.jpg
    switchpanel.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 12
Think I found my answer! but can't read what position the switches should be in "Up/Down On/Off" when unit is parked with slides out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom