2003 Jamboree 23E - No kitchen or bathroom - Parts sourcing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wedenj

Hello,

I'm looking at the potential purchase of a 2003 Jamboree 23E 751E34774983. This unit is unique in that it was used as a community outreach vehicle for a local city and does not have a kitchen or bathroom installed. I'm told that it is plumbed for them but there a no fresh, grey or black water tanks. I think this would be a fun project if I could source all of the parts either OEM or aftermarket. I have the skills to do all the work but what I don't have is a knowledge of where to source all the parts.

I contacted REV Parts to find out about the availability of OEM parts and they told me the three tanks are out of production with no suitable replacements as well as the stove, microwave, shower and both sinks. The only items which cause me concern are the tanks. Are there aftermarket options that would be a direct fit and how difficult would the tanks be to mount? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. I don't have much time to decide on moving forward with the purchase so time is of the essence.

Off the top of my head, this is a list of some of the more major items I'd need to source.

Fresh water tank and straps to install
Grey water tank and straps to install
Black water tank and straps to install
Refrigerator
Stove
Microwave
Water heater
Kitchen sink and faucet
Shower and fixtures
Toilette
Bathroom sink faucet
Water pump

Thank you,

Jay

I hope the vehicle is free, cause you are talking about a lot of $$ for parts and plenty of your man-hours too. If there are no tanks below, no sinks or shower or toilet above, and no water pump, there can't be much (if any) plumbing for them. Couldn't be more than a few feet of tubing here and there.

Appliances are easy enough to source - there are modern equivalents for everything. Probably slightly different dimensions than OEM, but you will be cutting holes for them anyway. However, finding tanks that will fit in the original places (if those places aren't filled with something else) is likely to be a challenge. There is no standard size or shape, so finding aftermarket replacements to fit is hit or miss. And you won't know the size and shape until you tear it apart and measure. Note also that the tanks are typically installed in the chassis before the RV body in laid on, so retrofit can be a challenge.

Here's one source for fresh & waste holding tanks.

I hope the vehicle is free, cause you are talking about a lot of $$ for parts and plenty of your man-hours too. If there are no tanks below, no sinks or shower or toilet above, and no water pump, there can't be much (if any) plumbing for them. Couldn't be more than a few feet of tubing here and there.

Appliances are easy enough to source - there are modern equivalents for everything. Probably slightly different dimensions than OEM, but you will be cutting holes for them anyway. However, finding tanks that will fit in the original places (if those places aren't filled with something else) is likely to be a challenge. There is no standard size or shape, so finding aftermarket replacements to fit is hit or miss. And you won't know the size and shape until you tear it apart and measure. Note also that the tanks are typically installed in the chassis before the RV body in laid on, so retrofit can be a challenge.

Here's one source for fresh & waste holding tanks.

Thanks for the reply, Gary. They are asking around $9k for it, so not free. I'll do some more digging before making a decision.

-Jay

It would be much cheaper to buy a fully functioning RV. I would imagine parts alone would be well north of $10k. And the time it would take is at least $10k. And you could never resell it for what you have in it.

Back
Top Bottom