2005 Damon Intruder engine questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gerardp

I am looking for the Evaporative Emission system purge control valve on 2005 Damon Intruder 377W where is it located. also how do I get access to the Throttle body I need to clean it hope someone can help me thank you 8.1L Vortec engine

I am looking for the Evaporative Emission system purge control valve on 2005 Damon Intruder 377W where is it located. also how do I get access to the Throttle body I need to clean it hope someone can help me thank you 8.1L Vortec engine

First off, welcome to RVForum. Everyone here likes new comers with new questions, butttttttttt............

Pleeze!!!!!!!!! start a new thread. This thread started in 2005 asking a question about bath and a half motorhomes. Anytime someone revives a thread many of the respondents (including myself) fail to notice the dates and lots of really old stuff gets answered needlessly over and over.

You will get better answers by starting a new thread. Not trying to be a jerk, just that you will benefit from a new thread with a title like "8.1L Vortec engine questions".

Charles

Go to the top of the page and click the bold Newcomers' Corner and then.......
how to start a new thread.jpg

Last edited:
The 8.1L is a multi-port fuel injected engine. No throttle body.

I'm guessing you have engine performance problems. Maybe if you described them we could suggest possible causes and cures.

The 8.1L is a multi-port fuel injected engine. No throttle body.

I'm guessing you have engine performance problems. Maybe if you described them we could suggest possible causes and cures.
There has to be a throttle body containing the throttle plate. The difference is with multi-port fuel injection fuel is isn't injected at the throttle body but closer to the individual cylinders. Follow the throttle cable on top of the engine to find the throttle body.

There has to be a throttle body containing the throttle plate. The difference is with multi-port fuel injection fuel is isn't injected at the throttle body but closer to the individual cylinders. Follow the throttle cable on top of the engine to find the throttle body.
Yeah, there still has to be an air intake and that will have a throttle plate, but I took his question to be for a throttle body injection system. Perhaps I was wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nedh
Back
Top Bottom