2005 georgiaboy pursuit Hwater heater elec switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

True Islander

Hey there: we're newbies, just bought an 05 Gerogiaboy Pursuit LE 3500ds. Can't find the switch to turn on the electric side of the ho****er heater. Anyone know where it might be?

In the bathroom is there a light switch with a red toggle? If so that is the electric hot water. Of course assuming your hot water heater has not replaced. Either way you will likely have to use that switch to get electric to work.

Last edited:
So I had a good look today, everywhere in the bathroom, inside cupboards under the sink, it's not there. Only electrical is the light switch on the faceboard under the sink and the plug on the wall to the right of that switch. Followed the cables for those 2 items and nothing connected. Any other ideas?

Does the build sheet, usually located inside a cabinet door, show the water heater model is LP/electric and not LP only? LP/electric was an option on some Georgie Boy models.

Thanks, I'll check that one out tomorrow, sounds logical, can't find a switch anywhere. But it's a 35th anniversary edition, was thinking it would have more options.
It quite possibly it does have the LP/electric heater, but best to be sure anyway. It would help too if you post the water heater make/model number, since that could help us better determine where the switch might be.

Suburban brand heaters have an electric switch on the heater itself, so some RV makers don't provide a second switch inside the RV. The water heater should also be on a separate circuit breaker.

I can’t believe no one welcomed you to the forum so here goes, welcome to the forum.

I had a Atwood, (now Dometic) years ago and there was a standard wall switch like you have for a light in a house right between the stove and the sink. That had a red light built into the switch just to let you know when it was on. Also there was a switch on the backside of the heater. It was a small toggle switch protruding out the side of a what appeared to be a cardboard box mounted on the heater. I would shut that one off when winterizing in case someone would turn on the wall switch while the tank was empty. I would turn it back on when I knew the tank was full of water in the spring when I would dewinterized.

I looked at some video tours of Georgie Boy Pursuit 3500DS and it appears some (2004?) had the house style red toggle switch on the wall right of the sink but others did not. Maybe Gary and Rene found the answer and GBM change from Dometic to Suburban brand? If the heater is still Dometic they must have moved the switch.

Jennifer

Are you sure that your water heater has an electric element? If you don't have a switch inside then it probably doesn't. If you can post the make and model number of the water heater we can then determine if it came with an electric element. The only switch that I have seen on the water heater was a service switch that disables the entire water heater for servicing.

As an aside, we owned a Georgie Boy, Cruise Master and it had an Atwood water heater but it was a few years earlier than yours.

Kirk, you are correct - we have Atwood. For some reason I think Dometic and Atwood as the same thing but different. :rolleyes: Guess if we have to replace the hot water heater it will be a Dometic and then I will be correct. :giggle:
Jennifer

Dometic is the parent company of Atwood and several other RV product companies. A couple years ago Dometic decided to consolidate all their RV product brands under the Dometic brand name, so Atwood appliances became Dometic appliances, Sealand toilets became Dometic toilets, A&E awning are now Dometic awnings, etc.

With or without a separate 'wall switch', our water heater has a switch on the top/front of the heater. In our case, it's partially covered by insulation, and I had to be shown its location by a friend.

Hey there: we're newbies, just bought an 05 Gerogiaboy Pursuit LE 3500ds. Can't find the switch to turn on the electric side of the ho****er heater. Anyone know where it might be?

With or without a separate 'wall switch', our water heater has a switch on the top/front of the heater. In our case, it's partially covered by insulation, and I had to be shown its location by a friend.

Hey, HUGE thanks to all of you for your help!! Special thanks to Gary RV Wizzard for giving me the sound advice to check the model number! Just took a picture to share and noticed gas only! That corresponds to us looking EVERYWHEREfor a switch and not finding one! I'm blown away by the support and helpfulness on this forum!! We are newbies to this also. Apologies for the late reply, we just finished driving our rig home from Northern Saskatchewan to Charlottetown PEI, Canada, long driving days and boondocking most of the way, so forgot to check this. Thanks again! BTW waterheater worked great all the way home, as did the rig!! Loving it, and will learn much from this forum. Cheers

Attachments

• 20210619_212351.jpg
    20210619_212351.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 6
Dometic is the parent company of Atwood and several other RV product companies. A couple years ago Dometic decided to consolidate all their RV product brands under the Dometic brand name, so Atwood appliances became Dometic appliances, Sealand toilets became Dometic toilets, A&E awning are now Dometic awnings, etc.
Don't know if you saw my reply, but thanks for the common sense advice. You solved the problem, it says gas only on one of the stickers with the model number on it... small print

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom