2005 Itaska Meridian with wipermotor problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

webber46

The right side wiper arm travels too far to the inside and outside. First time to the dealer in Rockford, IL. they found a bad pivot. Replaced it and adjusted the arm, worked fine until I hit Atlanta and it rained. When it goes over center it hangs up on the center windshield rubber. No more wipers. Ended up putting a new motor in and still have the same problem. All the bushings look to be OK. I hope to find some suggestions from our forum. I've tried all the adjustments to no avail. Thanks !!

Hi Gary, the wiper motor and the right side pivot were both replaced with new. The inside metal control arms to the pivots have not been changed. Everything on the left side works good. Only the right side has the problem. the first new replacement motor had to be returned because they sent me the wrong motor as it had the wrong bearing inside that caused it to have the wrong stopping point. After spending many hours of adjusting the wiper arm on the spline, it would be set to the right side points and would work good on intermittent mode but would overshoot the side points when in the low mode. Thought maybe someone else had experienced this problem also. The only thing I can think of is the bracket on the motor or the right side metal arm from the motor to the pivot.

Has it ever worked right since you owned it? It may be the previous owner changed something, and it's even conceivable the factory substituted a component cause they ran short (it really does happen!).  The fact that you were sent a non-conforming part is suspicious - it could be the new part was correct and your base component is non-standard for your year & model.

I'm not a Meridian owner or expert, but I've not seen other reports like yours, so I suspect your problem is unique rather than a common one that could be caused by typical wear or age.

As far as the wiper motor is concerned, it had the wrong gear on the inside that would make the wiper arm go from the set position in the middle of the window back halfway to the center. When I called the rep he explained to me that same motor could be used for different applications and they just sent me the wrong one. The other new one works good. The only thing left would be the linkage arm on the inside from the motor to the pivot. Guess I'll have to dig up the part and order it.

Update: Just installed the new linkage and bracket on the wiper motor. Adjusted the wipers on the pivots and both work fine now. they go from center to the outside perfect. can run on any speed without problems. But I do have another problem now. The motor has a PARK feature and when it stops The park position is in the middle of both windshields. I have contacted AutoTex about this problem and was told the bracket on the wipermotor has to be rotated and it should take care of the problem. Will be doing this fix in the next few days. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Update: Just completed the last adjustment on the wipers. The park position has been solved. I had to adjust the new bracket on the wiper motor by rotating it so that when it was parked it was in the position on the middle of the windshield where it was intended to be. Adjusting the small bracket on the wiper motor was the key to having this problem solved. Thanks to all who have followed me in this journey and hope it helps others along the way.

Back
Top Bottom