2005 journey porch light location?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orngblsms

Ok I give! We just purchased a journey39' to go full time in for at least a year... And as much as I've settled in and found this switch and that one, there is one that is eluding me. How do I turn in the outside porch light. The one over the door.

I don't know if you have the 39F or 39K, but this should be the same on both.  According to page 6 of the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagram pdf  for the 39F it should be the outermost switch on the top row (labeled 'porch') of the vertical bank of switches on your left as you enter the main door.

On my 03 the switch is located on the panel to the right front of the passenger seat, where the step switch and awning switches are located. It is marked "porch" on mine. The porch light also comes on if you hit the key fob to unlock the door locks.
Welcome to the forum also!

Edit to report Chris types faster than I !!

Thanks ... I had found it there but maybe the light outside is burned out because it is only switching on the little light that is directly under all the switches inside.

Yea then the bulb is probably burnt out as you suggest. If I recall mine has the light under the switches like yours and also a light underneath for the step, but, not really bright enough to do much good. Be carefull which bulb you use to replace it with as the higher wattage ones will kill the cover.

Mavarick said:
Yea then the bulb is probably burnt out as you suggest. If I recall mine has the light under the switches like yours and also a light underneath for the step, but, not really bright enough to do much good. Be carefull which bulb you use to replace it with as the higher wattage ones will kill the cover.

Actually, the orange under-step light should be on whenever the steps are extended and switched 'on'.

Orngblsms,
I suggest you use the Revolution 200 LED replacement bulb for that porch light. Far more light, and at a cooler operation temp and amp draw. The stock bulb did not put out enough light to see well from inside the coach at night. We made the change and are very pleased with the result.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom