2005 Southeast Fall Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary,

We are in Opelika, AL tonight and will arrive tomorrow. Sorry to hear Dave & Jeanette won't be there but happy to hear Wayne and Judy will be there. I expect we'll be there around noon tomorrow, Sunday. Will try not to miss the turn.

Gary:

We are in Indianapolis tonight and have to make Tampa late Tuesday afternoon. We are spending tomorrow afternoon and evening with old friends from Illinois up in Kentucky but I just checked the map and was planning on stopping a 100 miles or so north of Tifton. Thought I would check the thread and see if anyone would be in Monday and obviously you are.

I'll call Amy's Monday AM. If we get on the road early enough we would love to spend the evening meeting a few East Coast Forumites. Unfortunately we'll have to be back on the road Tuesday morning.

Hope to see you late Monday afternoon.

We had to cancel on the southeast rally. Jeanette's uncle died in Newfoundland, so we are there now and will be here until
Wednesday. We were on our way when we received the news. Lucky we were near our home in NC so we were able to make a
quick change of plans and caught a plane from Charlotte NC yesterday and we arrived in Newfoundland last night about midnight.
We are so disappointed that we will miss seeing everyone as we were really looking forward to it.

The weather here today is a pleasant 40 degrees with rain and fog today.

Dave & Jeanette

James Godward said:
Jeff,

You need Retirement 101 from Terry and Fred Thoomas.  You are pushing entirely too hard!!  VBG

Jim:

I keep saying "next week......"!

Ron said:
Compared to Eternity the rest of your life is rather short.  Slow down and smell the roses. ;D ;D ;D

Ron:

Thought I was getting close to heaven today,  m/h humming without problems and fueled at Flying J in KY for $2.549. 8) 8)

Thought I would smell some of Gary and Jim's roses. ;D ;D

(Who would believe I would be happy paying over $2.50 for #2?)

That is the plan raise the price of fuel way high then we feel better when we they lower the price a little cuasing us to smile while being ripped off. ;D ;D :D ;)

Jeff...
Will be looking forward to seeing you sometime Monday. We've got plenty of chow for the evening meal and some wood for a campfire, so just bring an appetite, a folding chair  and a smile.

Jim & Pat Dick and Wayne & Judy Malone are also here and we expect Ray & Ladonna Baginski on Monday and [I think] also Jim & Marilyn Linger. 

Look for Nancy & I on site #56 - the Dolphin motorhome with the Halloween stuff displayed everywhere.

Talking about gas prices.  On I-75 at about the Ga. boarder we saw gas for $2.329. :D.. :D....BUT in Athens it is running between $2.599 and $2.699 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
It doesn't add up.  In the past Georgia was "always" 20-30 cents a gallon cheaper then Michigan.  Not this time.  When we left Detroit Costco was at $2.349.  Gee, I remember in college that gas was 36 cents a gallon.  If the government is correct (not often lately) then gas is still cheap based on inflation rates over the years.

Unleaded is about $2.19 now here in Tifton  - it's been dropping steadily.  Diesel is still fairly high at around $2.69-$2.89. 

In recent years only southern GA has been distinctly cheap on fuel - other parts have been 10-20 cents higher.  SC has been more consistently on the low side.

Be sure to fill up before crossing into Florida - FL is never cheap on fuel.

Jeff & Sue Cousins arrived here around 6 pm, had dinner with the gang  and spent the evening around the campfire. Unfortunately they had to move on to Tampa this morning, but we enjoyed their company for the brief time they wre here.

Jim & Marilyn Linger also arrived [from Daytona] and will say for the week.  We expect the Derways and the Sackets today.

We plan to leave Athens Ga. about noon and will miss the campground enterance about 4pm.  We are waiting to hear from the GM dealership that our daughters car is repaired, serviced and ready for pickup.  It has 100,000 miles on and covered by "daddy" warranty.

See ya soon

The Sackets and Derways arrived safe & sound.  Chef Nancy prepared a splendid dinner tonight, a roast ham, scalloped potatoes, boiled cabbage, green beans and home made "chunky" pear sauce. The pears came from the Reavis's farm, so we had a bit of their bounty even though they could not be present themselves.

A wind came up and it began to sprinkle a bit during dinner (which was in the campground clubhouse), so we sat around the tables to gossip rather than retiring to the firepit.

Thanks for the report Gary. Where are the pics?

Gary and Nancy,

Thanks again for hosting the SE Rally.  We were first timers and REALLY had a GREAT week.  Joanne and I had a wonderful time with the whole gang.

Thanks again,

Len and Joanne

Back
Top Bottom