2005 Vectra factory CB wiring question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

I will be picking up a new to me 2005 Winne Vectra in a few weeks. Reading thru the owners manual (yes, I'm a guy and actually reading the manual!) I came across info that stated the RV was factory wired for a CB. Assuming this is accurate wondering if anyone can provide details on this. Where is the power wiring access? Where are the cockpit and exterior locations for the antenna coax (assuming prewired includes an antenna feedline.). Does the feedline have the PL259 connectors? what is the typical mounting arrangement for the antenna? any other comments welcomed. I will be a rookie driver for quite a while and want the security of a spotter for parking. Cell phones are great but not always functional. thx to anyone taking the time to offer advice.

mark in MN

Going from memory, away from my RV... the antenna is already installed on the roof over the driver. It's a short one, 12" or so, looks a lot like the radio antenna that is near it. It works, but don't expect a lot of range. The feedline terminates down by the driver's left footrest. There is a slanted metal plate under the carpet, behind it is a small alcove of wiring where you should find the PL259 connector. I don't remember if there is a power connector there or not. You do have a cigarette lighter plug on the sidewall next to the driver's left leg that could also be used for power. If you are going to install a better antenna, you need a no-ground-plane type due to the fiberglass body, and then have to figure out your own coax run.

emiddleb; thx for reply. I am a ham so I understand the reference to "no ground plane". I'll give the supplied one a try and upgrade if needed.

Gary; thx for link. is there somewhere else to look for 2005 Vectra. that model was not available on the website.

mark in MN

The 14/16" antenna has a ring at the base for tuning, mine was covered with sealant. I had to dig all the sealant away then lubricate the tuning ring and work with it to get it to move. Then I resealed around the roof entrance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom