2005 Winnebago Journey Door remote sensor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCT

I just bought this motorhome this spring . I was having problems lately with door fobs not working . After locating the sensor and reading some of the information out their . I decided to take it apart . What I found on mine was some suspicious solder connections . I resoldered the board . Reinstalled it and it works now. I will up date as time goes by .Whether it keeps working or not.

No sorry I didn?t ,but there were more than just a few.I could see them with a magnifying glass. The ones that I thought were most suspicious about were where a smaller circuit board was connected to the larger one . Three posts. There were others on the plug in ,both sides of the plug in. Maybe it could help someone else. I didn?t know where else it could be being it effected both the entrance door and compartment doors. There was 12 volts going to the board and a good ground. Thanks Bob

Adding to my post  .The sensor  was still working ,but not perfect so I took another look at it and replaced a few parts on it.  A 220 uf 16 volt electrolytic capacitor and a relay that is soldered to the board also a relay that is inline after the board now it seems to work just fine. Maybe it will keep working now.This could help somebody else because it does seem to be a problem . The parts were less than $20 . 

Last time I had this sort of issue I was advised to clean the contacts between the door and the jam... they look like round copper pieces, maybe 1/4" in diameter, spring loaded and they corrode and don't make a good connection.  So you buff 'em back to bright copper and spray some electrical contact deoxider on the surface.  Seems to cure our problem

Well this remote door opener seems to be a challenge.  The remote wouldn't  work again  but this time it was not the sensor fault. The sensor  was working I could here the relays clicking but nothing at the door . I checked for voltage are the door contacts it was there + 12volts when lock button  was pushed and - 12 volta when unlock was pushed. So that doesn't  leave  much. The door unlock actuator  is bad. Was not a bad job to get it out. Just remove the door panel. The part number is 30-AC02 Hamsar was the brand name. I found it on Amazon  for $4.95 free shipping and the compartment  doors use the same one so I ordered a few extras. I am hoping  it works for a while. But so far a pretty cheap fix!

RCT said:
Well this remote door opener seems to be a challenge.  The remote wouldn't  work again  but this time it was not the sensor fault. The sensor  was working I could here the relays clicking but nothing at the door . I checked for voltage are the door contacts it was there + 12volts when lock button  was pushed and - 12 volta when unlock was pushed. So that doesn't  leave  much. The door unlock actuator  is bad. Was not a bad job to get it out. Just remove the door panel. The part number is 30-AC02 Hamsar was the brand name. I found it on Amazon  for $4.95 free shipping and the compartment  doors use the same one so I ordered a few extras. I am hoping  it works for a while. But so far a pretty cheap fix!
I searched Amazon for "30-AC02 Hamsar" but didn't get any hits.  I did a Google search for the same and got this hit at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-High-Power-Actuator/dp/B0088YE6YQ  is this the same product?

I just bought this motorhome this spring . I was having problems lately with door fobs not working . After locating the sensor and reading some of the information out their . I decided to take it apart . What I found on mine was some suspicious solder connections . I resoldered the board . Reinstalled it and it works now. I will up date as time goes by .Whether it keeps working or not.
Where did you find the control box for the door remotes on the 2005 Journey?

Yep.. black box with an “antenna” that should be in a small tube straight behind the wheel. It’s on top, not under the dash

Well, I’ve finally gotten around to locating and programming the new remote for the 2005 Winnebago journey…I found the control box by taking off the dash cover, there it was, right on top behind the engine temp gauge..see photo..when I reset the controller box, I programmed the new remote and the old one (the one that still worked). Programming was super easy, now I have 2 working remotes again…
My big takeaway from this is…wait for it….DO NOT jump in the pool with the RV keys in your pocket!! I know, who would have thought that soaking an electronic device in pool water would have a detrimental effect on its operation?
Adding a couple of pics, a screen shot of the place I ordered the remote from, and me in Arizona this winter,(I don’t know who the guy in the hat was…)

Attachments

• B8DA9B48-FD91-4587-B3B5-E670BF7643CC.png
    B8DA9B48-FD91-4587-B3B5-E670BF7643CC.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 11
  • C9CF6C19-C253-45CC-A602-C025335F2030.jpeg
    C9CF6C19-C253-45CC-A602-C025335F2030.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 4AE4E9FF-D038-4548-8DB6-8AF8575C03B3.jpeg
    4AE4E9FF-D038-4548-8DB6-8AF8575C03B3.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 22B77256-8AFF-4A90-8E3E-27FACBD79087.jpeg
    22B77256-8AFF-4A90-8E3E-27FACBD79087.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 10
What a bizarre location for Winnebago to place the remote box! Thanks for the pictures, that might help someone else down the road.

Off-topic chitty-chatty follows...

Donkeys are quite popular here in the Texas Hill Country both as pets and livestock guards. We frequently see one lone donkey with a herd of sheep or goats to keep them safe from coyotes or rogue dogs. In fact I've heard of dogs killing more livestock than wild predators (happened to my neighbor.)

I had a couple of donkeys a few years ago and then there were three, I had no idea the Jenny was preggers. Unfortunately I couldn't let our then corgi off-leash due to donkeys chasing anything that remotely looks like a predator. And the donkeys would stand by a roll of hay and eat it down in 24 hours leaving little for my antelope so we gave them away.

Back
Top Bottom